The Railen ( Xi'an: 9sanrai0len (Proper); literally smooth/peaceful cargo; ) is an upcoming multi-crew Xi'an cargo ship manufactured by Gatac Manufacture. Featuring grav-lev technology and tested design features, the Railen is promoted as a safe and reliable solution for commercial-grade medium cargo hauling.
- Grav-Lift Technology: Access the Railen swiftly and effectively with a patented exterior grav-lift and navigate the interior decks with a separate interior grav-lift
- Adaptable Cockpit: Designed for both human and Xi'an crew, the cockpit easily adapts for any situation
- Fully-loaded Living Space: Adaptable sleeping pods, a comprehensive galley, and an expansive mess hall make the Railen a comfortable ship for long-haul routes.
- Unique Cargo Hold: Bespoke triangular cargo-pods are made from high-grade materials in a unique shape to ensure freight remains safe
|Image||Paint Name||Description||Price (aUEC)||Price ($USD)|
|"Hyaotan"||Black in colour with blue highlights.||-||11.00|
Pledge price history
|Date||Pledge cost (USD)||Insurance||Availability||Sale|
|2019-11-23||Announced in CitizenCon 2019 under the provisional name Vehicle 2. It was planned as a multicrew cargo ship of Xi'an origin, and expected to have similar dimensions to Hull B or Freelancer MAX.|
|2021-05-26||Hinted on the Gatac Manufacture article on Galactapedia after its update.|
|2021-06-10||The name Railen was first revealed in the Inside Star Citizen tease on the official Instagram.|
|2021-06-11||Early concept sale for Concierge backers.|
|2021-06-12||Concept sale open to public.|
|2023-05-26||Announced to be scheduled for production in 2024.|
|Original concept||Michael Oberschneider|
|System design||Adam Parker, Jon Dadley|
|Technical design||John Crewe, Geoff Coffin|
- A small Xi’an cargo ship to compete with the Freelancer MAX and Caterpillar, possessing a cargo capacity and weapon loadout placed between the two.
- Produced by Gatac Manufacture.
- The ship will be vertical, rather than horizontal - much like the other Xi’an capital and cargo ships designed and shown in concept art.
- As one entity manufactures all Xi’an ships for a given role (one manufacturer makes all transport, one makes all light fighters, etc.), it stands to reason that they might all follow a loose template, so it would be nice for the ship to be vertically aligned.
- Railen - presentation page. Transmission - Comm-Link. Retrieved 2021-06-10
- Railen - Hyaotan Paint - Pledge Store. Pledge Store
- Youtube: CitizenCon 2949 - Ship Talk, acc. 2020-06-27
- Galactapedia Update May 2021. Spectrum Dispatch - Comm-Link. Retrieved 2021-06-12
- ISC Preview: Alien Week & Gatac Railen. Retrieved 2021-06-10
- Reddit post on Railen Concierge sale. Retrieved 2021-06-10
- Star Citizen Live: Invictus All-Vehicles Roundtable
- Jump Point. Vol. 9 no. 7. pp.3–20. Retrieved 2021-07-31. "Work in Progress: Gatac Railen".