Star Citizen Alpha 3.2.0
Alpha Patch 3.2.0 has been released to the PTU, and is now available to test! Patch should now show: PTU-785795.
It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizenPTU\LIVE.
Major Known Issues
- The Slave ship will occasionally encounter permanent effects of being Interdicted after Quantum linking with the Master ship.
- Purchasing Commodities at GrimHex for your ship will cause it to be 'destroyed' and have to pay the insurance claim, along with losing the cargo.
- Blobs for minable deposit locations only appear at large distances to the player never in close proximity.
- Various ships are immediately destroyed when blowing off minor tail / wing part.
- Mining ore displays as 'Out Of Stock' in the 'Amount' column of mining kiosks
- If the master ship player enters QT after calibrating/spooling for a group quantum link, but leaving one more more members behind, the party will have broken quantum travel functionality.
- Its possible for the master ship in a quantum link to send calibration data from far outside the intended range, breaking the link interaction.
- Quantum travel may sometimes not engage when party members are onboard and seated.
- Some features may be missing or partially implemented, but not ready for testing and as such are not listed in the initial release notes.
- Gimbals are currently locking onto AI ships when activating gimbal lock.
- Mining: Scanning, mining, extraction, and Prospector function.
- Flight and function of the following: Avenger series, 600i, Eclipse, Blade, and Hurricane.
- Orbital Quantum travel.
- G-force effects.
- Ship power tuning and power triangle usage/effects.
- Store Kiosks.
- Manned and Remote Turrets.
- Group System.
- Quantum Linking.
- Added sensitivity settings for xbox controller.
- Implemented new Groups System.
- Group members can be added from the contact list of the MobiGlas, the contact list of the main menu, or by direct interaction (F) with a player.
- AR Markers will appear for all party members.
- All party members will be granted access to each other's ships.
- A party chat channel is created on the contact app of the MobiGlas.
- Mining on planetary bodies.
- Dumper's Depot now offers ship weaponry for sale, with different locations offering different styles of goods
- Grimhex: Energy ship weapons, gimbal mounts, power plants, and quantum drives.
- Levski: Missiles, missile racks, and coolers.
- Port Olisar: Ballistic ship weapons, gimbal mounts, and shields.
- Quantum Linking, or party based group quantum travel, is now enabled.
Mining Gameplay (using basic keybindings)
Prospecting for Deposits: To scan for deposits, use the "ping" mechanic. Enter the ship's scanning mode (TAB) then hold and release LMB to scan. Any minable deposits will appear highlighted with a UI targeting bracket around them. Note: A ping will also temporarily increase passive radar detection range.
Scanning Deposits: Enter mining mode (M) and aim the mining reticle at the rock you wish to scan/mine. Your ship will automatically begin the scanning process and reveal the contents of the rock.
Fracturing Use LMB to activate the ship's mining laser. Keep the "Rock Energy Level" inside the optimal window (green) by adjusting the "Laser Throttle" using the mouse wheel. Once the "Rock Energy Level" is inside the optimal window the "Fracturing Sensor" bar will begin to increase and once at 100% the rock will break apart into smaller chunks. Chunks that can be further shattered/mined will highlight orange when targeted whereas chunks that are now extractable will highlight purple.
When the "Rock Energy Level" bar exceeds the optimal window and goes into the red, the "Overcharge Sensor" bar will begin to increase. If the "Overcharge Sensor" bar goes to 100%, the rock will explode violently damaging the player's ship and destroying all extractable material.
Extracting Ore: To extract ore from the purple highlighted bits of rock, switch from “Fracture Mode" to "Extraction Mode" using RMB, then using LMB to activate the extraction tractor beam. The "Cargo Capacity" bar will begin to increase as the ore is extracted to the ship's cargo.
Selling Ore: Ore can be sold at GrimHex, Levski, and Port Olisar at specific kiosks located near the Admin Clerk desks. Interact with these kiosks (F), select the Prospector from the top left ship drop down menu then select "Sell to Refinery". Stores throughout the verse have been expanded with shopping kiosks that allow the player to directly purchase and equip items from a single interface.
Quantum Linking Gameplay
- Form a party with the players you intend to link with. This can be done from the main lobby, from the friends list in game (F11 to bring up, RALT to activate cursor), or from in game by interacting (F) with the player directly.
- Anyone within the party can activate their quantum drive (B) to spool and calibrate to any location and anyone who calibrates will automatically send their calibration data to any other members in the party who are within 10km.
- After the group settles on a destination that one of the players has calibrated to, everyone needs to align to that same destination and spool their drives.
- The initial Calibrator should see a list of members of his party on his Calibration UI and their spool status (the little empty circle next to their name that fills when they start to spool) along with a status for party alignment (circle and name will highlight).
- Once everyone is spooled and aligned, the Calibrator holds "B" to initiate quantum travel and everyone who is aligned, spooled, and within 10km of the Calibrator will enter the jump as a group.
- Added orbital path generation for Quantum Travel, allowing travel around planetary bodies to near surface destinations.
- Wanted value now goes up once the ship is despawned when illegally parking rather than immediately upon touch down.
Ships and Vehicles
- Added: Anvil Hurricane.
- Added: Aopoa Blade.
- Added: Aegis Eclipse.
- Added: Origin 600i explorer variant.
- Ships now have scanner/ping items and function to ships.
- To enter scanning mode, press "TAB". Hold LMB to charge a ping pulse. Press "V" narrow the ping focus and "C" to widen it.
- Added remote turret camera view and controls to applicable ships
- Remote turret control stations can now enter this view via the interaction system. Implemented on Ursa Rover, 600i, and the Super Hornet.
- Added: ASAD Distortion Repeater.
- Overheat will now cause item wear.
- Added: Kastak Arms Scalpel.
- Added: Klaus & Werner Demeco.
- Added: Gemini F55.
- FPS weapons are now included in dynamic economy pricing.
- Added headshake on recoil.