Star Citizen Alpha 3.9.0
From the Star Citizen Wiki, the fidelity™ encyclopedia
Star Citizen Alpha 3.8.2(2020-02-27)
Released (2020-04-29 - 27 days ago)
Star Citizen Alpha 3.9.1 (2020-05-22)→
Database Reset: YES Long Term Persistence: Enabled
- Added New Babbage Landing Zone - Interiors
- Added Klescher Automated Prison
- Players who are directly killed by or die within a short distance of security forces or bounty hunters will now go to prison. In prison, all player inventory is inaccessible, and instead players are given a stock prison suit and a multi-tool with a mining attachment. Players can serve their time normally or contribute to society by mining crystals within the attached mining sections. Crystals can be exchanged for "merits" to reduce your sentence using kiosks located near the mines. Once your sentence is complete, look for the "processing" section of the prison and interact with the kiosk. You will wake up at your last port.
- Added microTech Moons: Calliope, Clio, and Euterpe
- Added caves and cave missions to microTech and its moons.
- Added food to shops and stands throughout the verse.
- Added microTech clothing collection.
- New Criminal Mission: Hijacked Caterpillar Prisoner Transport
- Added Mining Laser Sub-Items
- Sub-items are consumable components which attach to advanced mining laser heads and provide a temporary modifier for increased effectiveness. Sub-items can be activated within the cockpit using the interaction system while actively mining. With them you can, for a time, decide to use one to decrease the instability or lower resistance, increase the optimal window, and so on. While most have a duration, some of them have instant effect on the process so they can be used in case of emergencies or as an instant boost.
- Introduced a Volatile Mineable Ore
- We have introduced Quantanium ore which is available throughout the universe. Quantanium is highly unstable and once mined the player will need to use care in how they transport it and how long they take to transport it. Any impact will cause it to degrade and the ore will also degrade over time. Once it degrades to a certain extent it will be in danger of exploding. When it becomes dangerous the player will receive a visual/audio warning and will have the option to eject all cargo. Failing to eject risks ship damage and destruction. Given the risk, successful delivery of quantainium will be a lucrative endeavor.
- Added Two New Surface Harvestables
- Added in-hand weapon attachment swapping
- Players can now customize weapon attachments by interacting with the weapons themselves when held. Hold down F and click on "customize" on a held weapon that can use custom attachments. This will allow you to change weapon components such as sights, barrel attachments, and under barrel attachments.
- Added bindings for single axis first person zoom and first person zoom in/out toggle button
- Players can now exit EZ Hab beds using basic (WASD) movement keys
- Added quick buy option with price to food items in shops
- New actor status system
- With the variety of extreme environments throughout the verse, players will have to factor in extreme hot and cold temperatures when planning their adventures. If you want to stay safe in these conditions, equip yourself with the new Caldera Pembroke and Novikov suits. If you're not equipped for the temperatures, you'll begin to suffer the negative effects of hyperthermia and hypothermia, eventually resulting in death. As with preparing your equipment for different temperatures, you have to prepare your body as well. We have also added "hunger" and thirst", which will be increasing constantly, so you'll need to stay topped up if you don't want to suffer the effects of dehydration or starvation. In addition, keeping yourself hydrated and well fed may have positive benefits to motor functions. You can use the commodities inventory to stow away store-able foods and drinks for the journey ahead. Hunger and thirst are persistent effects that carry over from session to session. A more detailed UI has been added to the player visor to track these various states and is visible when activating the personal inner-thought wheel (F+right click)
Ships and Vehicles
- Added Esperia Prowler
- Named after the UEE military designation, the Prowler is a modernized version of the infamous Tevarin boarding craft from the First Tevarin War. With the recent discovery of the lost Tevarin planet in Kabal System, Esperia’s engineers were given unmitigated access to examine the preserved ships found in several of the caches, before meticulously recreating the design choices.
- The Prowler’s effectiveness as a rapid personnel deployment vehicle was mainly due to its silence. The boarding was constructed using a variety of techniques to minimize its signatures and get close to unsuspecting vessels before quickly deploying their boarders via EVA.
Weapons and Items
- Added new ship weapon: Esperia Lightstrike Cannons
- Added new ship weapon series: Esperia Deadbolt Cannons
- Added new contact list and party system flow via unification with Spectrum friend's list
- The in-game friend's list now uses your Spectrum friends and has been entirely reworked. The main menu now has a "Friends" tab and a "Notifications" tab. Friends can be added directly by using the "+Add" key and all friends/contact notifications will appear in the notifications tab until dismissed (note: crash recovery will also appear here). When creating a party, a new tab will appear showing party members and leader. The pre-3.9 in-game contacts list will be merged into your existing Spectrum friend's list once 3.9 goes live, but for now PTU spectrum is where the PTU friend's list can be tested.
- Updated geological aspects of various planetary bodies with new visuals and assets
- Default spawn location choices have been updated to only include major city locations (New Babbage, Area18, Lorville)
- Added size 1 gimbals to all shops that carry gimbals
- Sprint speed while your fists are raised has been increased to match unarmed sprint speed
- Adjusted atmosphere density for ArcCorp and Hurston
- Updated arrival radius distance for lagrange points - from 120km to 70km
- Placed comm arrays around planets and moons and reduced their monitoring radius to cover just those sectors
- Updated kiosk screens at Port Olisar, Lorville, Levski, Area18, and Grim HEX
- Increased the brightness of the exterior lights around Levski.
- Updated ship AI behavior to include greater speed ranges and improved avoidance
- Updated first person radial menu for personal inner-thought interaction system
- The updated Radial menu gives quick access to certain actions which are context specific, such as on foot or in a pilot seat. These actions include emotes, weapon customizations, helmet removal, and many more. Each action is also shown with its relevant keybind where applicable. The menu will save your most used actions as favorites on the main wheel and can be accessed by opening the Personal Thought menu by holding F and right clicking (interact + mouse2).
- Doubled the payout of all criminal missions
- Added infraction to immediately impound player ships that collide with ships with the right to be within a landing area
- Shifted the threshold to obtain lvl 4 and 5 crime stats
- Lowered the amount your character twitches while impacted by fire in combat
- Made murder and inmate murder against party members be automatically forgiven
- Crashing a ship with players aboard will no longer award the pilot with a homicide crime stat
Ships and Vehicles
- Forward/backward on vehicles can now be assigned to axes
- Added missile incoming alerts to building block based ship HUDs
- The velocity limiter can be now adjusted while disabled, with a faded line indicating where the limiter will be once reactivated
- Returned missiles to tap to lock, hold to launch and added a keybind (not bound by default) for unlocking
- Increased the headlight range of the Vanguard series
- Added a small screen for medbed interactions in the 890 Jump
- Shifted the mass on the Anvil Ballista from front to body to prevent the rear lifting continuously
- Argo Mole can now attach size 1 mining lasers
- To temporarily offset some of the issues with shield holes, damage to some ship components (some weapons and turrets) no longer passes through to the ship hull
- Added on damage delay to ASAS shields
- Reduced gravity compensation in partial landing to make landing easier
- Added rain canopy VFX to the Avenger, Eclipse, Arrow, Gladiator, Hawk, Hornet, Herald, Merlin, Starfarer, Freelancer, Prospector, Razor, 300i, 85x, and Sabre
- All PU purchasable items should now be available to REC rent
- Ships rented with REC should now be customizable
- Increased available deadzone range for vjoy by 20%
- Set default vjoy deadzone to 4.5%
- Lowered assisted gimbal slew speed
- Mouse relative mode is now an optional setting for mouse control but not bound by default
- Players can low lock the rotation of their ship using the Rshift key
- Increased wing health of all Reliants
- Added missiles to all Reliants
- Added second gimbal turret to Reliant Kore
- Streamlined some aim and flying controls to reduce complexity in preparing for future updates.
Many of the custom settings for manual gimbal aiming and aim/look controls have been changed to streamline for future updates. You can find a detailed post on those changes here: 
Weapons and Items
- Tweaked combat damage of S2 mass drivers to bring them more in line with similar sized weapons
- Reduced head camera shake, reduced spread, and increased climb/drift for the Karna rifle
- The extreme weather heavy armor suits Pembroke (extreme heat) and Novikov (extreme cold) can be found at Lorville's and Port Tressler's armor shops respectively.
Major Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue that was causing the player wallet to get set to 0 aUEC after character wipes and database resets
- Pressing backspace on the main menu should no longer cause the menu to disappear
- If a players uses both the pilot and bridge control seats, one should no longer get stuck
- Players should now be able to logout in the beds of the 890 and the Reclaimer
- Carrack headlights should now function
- Fixed an issue that could cause the player to get stuck on the character customizer screen
- CryAstro repair services should now work normally without the need to hover prior to landing
- Ships should no longer get into an invulnerable state sometimes after repair
- Ships should no longer rotate to align with an invisible plane before engaging non-spline quantum travel
- Look behind camera should no longer occasionally clip into ship geometry
- Area18 habitation floors should now have atmosphere
- Logging out of the Caterpillar's beds should no longer cause the player to log back in the pilot seat
- Patrol missions should now correctly appear in the Crusader area
- Fixed an issue where multiple ships could place a size 3 to 5 remote turret onto a gun hardpoint
- Traveling to OM-1 should now send the player to the correct location and not to the center of Stanton
- Carrack upper command ship controls should now have a HUD
- There should no longer be a constant light reflection in the Sabre's cockpit that obstructs the player's view
- Breathing should no longer be occasionally heard while in a loading screen
- Avenger bed interaction should now work correctly
- AI ships should no longer spin wildly when in combat
- The character customizer should no longer become unresponsive
- Player should now be able to look through sniper scopes correctly while crouching and prone
- FPS AI should no longer aim in a random direction prior to aiming at the player
- A ship should no longer be able to snag another ship in its physics grid, moving it out of sync and allowing access to cargo
- Fixed a VOIP issue that was causing players to get into a state where Proximity and/or Primary channels can be heard globally after entering another primary channel
- Refuel / restock / repair options should now work correctly at HUR-L4
- Valkyrie Liberator variant should now be able to hold cargo
- Players should no longer see the withdrawal of every mission element when the Call to Arms mission is withdrawn
- Manned turrets should no longer appear out of sync and to not move to other players
- Players should no longer encounter invisible players who are out of sync
- Players should no longer be able to set direct QT routes or skip in-between jumps
- Player should no longer be affected by strong wind while moving around on the two platforms at the Central Business District
- Cargo boxes created from personal inventory should now be able to be sold at the commodities kiosk
- All ships are loadout locked and can't be customized. W/A: Ships can be customized in the hangar and persist into the universe.
- Missiles and Torpedoes launched beyond 1000 meters may not reach their target.
- Players can get stuck in a loading screen upon leaving prison or entering a second time.
- Prison suit loadouts are saved after the player exits prison.
- Prison suit loadouts can be saved if a user exits the PU and enters the hangar.
- The KC Trending shop keeper stands idly and doesn't not interact with the player.
- Karoby energy bars are missing from all locations.
- Ships outside of New Deal lack interaction prompts.
- Ground vehicles can not be spawned from ASOP terminals.
- Changes to the character model do not always persist into the PU.
- An extra, static train may appear at Area18, Lorville, or New Babbage.
- Unmanned turrets do not fire at the player if they have a crimestat.
- All Platinum bay outposts are missing ASOP terminals.
- Its possible to get the contact notification window stuck behind the main menu.
- Being in a large party causes markers to not display correctly while inside a ship.