Star Citizen Alpha Patch 3.0.1-LIVE.706028 has been deployed to the live environment and is now available to download! This patch is largely a bugfixing patch, focusing on fixing some of the major issues that players are facing.
It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizen\LIVE.
- Admin Officer NPCs at outposts and major stations can become unresponsive. As such, missions involving pick up from these admins have been temporarily disabled with intent to restore them for 3.1. We have put in a work around that allows delivery missions to be completed by dropping the mission item anywhere on or behind the counter.
- ECN missions can't be completed if Admin NPCs are unresponsive.
- Added monocle to PMA and added eye accessory slot as option in PMA.
Ships & Vehicles
- AI now have specific shield generators that provide half the shield health/shield regen. For all ships, shield HP reduced, regen lowered, regen ramp up time increased. Shields now allow more physical damage through the less health they have.
- For all ships, armor reduced to 1.00 for physical and 0.90 for energy for all ships.
- Missile damage and explosive radius reduced.
- Players should no longer be sorted into races that have already started, causing an error code.
- Speculative fix for ships missing items.
- Reputation should now persist between player sessions.
- Fix for ship EMP weapons charging much faster than intended.
- Fix for certain weapon families starting at max spread and recovering significantly slower than expected.
- When trying on/inspecting clothes your face should no longer be illuminated by helmet lights that aren't there.
- Fix for ships duplicating if changes were made to the pledge while an insurance claim was being made.
- Admin NPCs should now accept boxes and allow players to complete related missions.
- Boxes placed on admin counters should no longer fall through to the floor.
- REC rented items should no longer invalidate prior rentals and rentals with time remaining from the prior patch should now be available.
- Carryable crates dropped from vehicle destruction in excess of SCU crates in Cargo Grids will now spawn on positions of Cargo Grids instead of near world origin.
- Players should no longer be able to break their character and be stuck spawning as a white sphere.