Where each ship is a blank slate with its own style and design, ship components are the nuts and bolts of customization. From the recharge rate of shields to the raw hull-busting power of a ballistic weapon, each component has unique characteristics and behaviors.
Broadly, each ship component can be placed into one of nine hardpoints
- Hull: The body of the ship for mounting additional armor, reducing weight, or modifying cross-section
- Avionics: The computer systems of the ship, upgraded with better turret AI, missile lock systems, etc.
- Power Plant: Supplies the power for all other systems
- Afterburners: Burns extra fuel to provide a boost to the ship's thrust
- Shield Generators: Shields protect the ship from debris and enemy attacks; coming in multiple sizes and with varying characteristics.
- Radar: It can be used to detect vehicles, guided missiles and terrain.
- Fuel Tank: Stores and delivers mass to the ship's power plant for power and thrust generation
- Maneuvering Thrusters: Small thrusters that provide the majority of controlling thrust to orient the ship
- Main Thrusters: Provide the majority of forward thrust for the ship
- Miscellaneous Weapon batteries, ammo racks, additional cooling systems, etc.
- Weapons: The sharp edge to any combat ship, weapons are designed for any pilot to defend themselves; or go on the attack.
- Comm-Link detailing the hard points and ship components. Transmission - Comm-Link
This category has the following 13 subcategories, out of 13 total.
- Mining laser (11 P, 5 F)
- Power plants (13 C, 73 P)
- Quantum drives (11 C, 55 P, 18 F)
- Turrets (1 C, 1 P)
- Weapon mounts (6 P)