Where each ship is a blank slate with its own style and design, ship components are the nuts and bolts of customization. From the recharge rate of shields to the raw hull-busting power of a ballistic weapon, each component has unique characteristics and behaviors.
Broadly, each ship component can be placed into one of nine hardpoints
- Hull: The body of the ship for mounting additional armor, reducing weight, or modifying cross-section
- Avionics: The computer systems of the ship, upgraded with better turret AI, missile lock systems, etc.
- Power Plant: Supplies the power for all other systems
- Afterburners: Burns extra fuel to provide a boost to the ship's thrust
- Shield Generators: Shields protect the ship from debris and enemy attacks; coming in multiple sizes and with varying characteristics.
- Radar: It can be used to detect vehicles, guided missiles and terrain.
- Fuel Tank: Stores and delivers mass to the ship's power plant for power and thrust generation
- Maneuvering Thrusters: Small thrusters that provide the majority of controlling thrust to orient the ship
- Main Thrusters: Provide the majority of forward thrust for the ship
- Miscellaneous Weapon batteries, ammo racks, additional cooling systems, etc.
- Weapons: The sharp edge to any combat ship, weapons are designed for any pilot to defend themselves; or go on the attack.
Ship components may be purchased from a variety of vehicle components manufacturers including Klaus & Werner or Apocalypse Arms.
- ↑ Comm-Link detailing the hard points and ship components. Transmission - Comm-Link
This category has the following 14 subcategories, out of 14 total.
- Mining laser (12 P, 5 F)
- Power plants (13 C, 73 P)
- Quantum drives (11 C, 55 P, 18 F)
- Radars (12 C, 26 P)
- Remote Turrets (1 P)
- Scraper module (3 P)
- Shield generators (11 C, 65 P, 16 F)
- Ship ordnances (24 C, 60 P, 14 F)
- Ship weapons (29 C, 120 P)
- Sub-components (1 C, 26 P)
- Turrets (1 C, 1 P)
- Weapon mounts (8 P)
Pages in category "Ship components"
The following 2 pages are in this category, out of 2 total.