The MPUV-1C (Multi-Purpose Utility Vehicle Cargo), or more commonly known as the Argo Cargo, is a light transport ship manufactured by Argo Astronaustics and is designed to transfer small amounts of freight over a short distance. The cargo pod can also accommodate a single passenger.
Many are responsible for loading/unloading goods onto massive vessels that have difficulty either landing or using drydocks, such as the Hull D or the Orion. Some captains choose to own and operate their MPUV-1C, while others pay privately owned ships operating as port services a rental fee for performing the unloading process. Many MPUV-1Cs are also used to conduct ship-to-ship transfers between capital ships such as the Javelin and Idris.
- Durable: Built out of composite alloys capable of withstanding intense temperature and structural pressures both in atmosphere and out.
- Modular Pods: The modular undercarriage can be outfitted with a variety of different pods such as cargo pods and escape pods which can be attached and detached on command.
- Point-Precision Engines: The combined VTOL thrusters and its Point-Precision Engines allows precise maneuvers and heavy-lifting thrust.
No weaponry or utility items present.
|MPUV-1P||A personnel transport variant that can carry up to 8 passengers.|
- Other possible variants: According to lore, the UEE military use the MPUV for search & rescue and munitions loading. It is also used by new pilots to train.
|Image||Paint Name||Description||Price (aUEC)||Price ($)|
|"Best In Show 2951"||Two-tone metallic dark blue & dark grey with dark grey accents. Limited edition. Reward to MPUV-C owners for the IAE 2951 event. ||[not available]||(Reward)|
In 2021, the MPUV-1C won the 2951 Ship Showdown competition. It reached the last 16 knockout stage of the competition thanks to a strong push by backers. Despite the ship being inferior in many respects, the MPUV-1C reached the grand final where it narrowly defeated the popular Mercury Star Runner, 18,211 votes to 18,037. The winner influenced the design of a new, officially licensed in-game backpack available for free to all backers who attend the the 2951 IAE event and all owners of the MPUV-1C will receive a free limited-edition ship livery and leather jacket for their character.
The MPUV was offered as Referral Bonus with LTI in two situations. First during the Free Fly for the patch 3.15 and Second during the Luminalia 2952.
- Argo MPUV: Concept Sale. Transmission - Comm-Link
- MPUV Cargo - Ship Page. Pledge Store
- ARGO MPUV Manual
- Argo MPUV - Concept Sale. Transmission - Comm-Link
- IAE-2951: Argo Astronautics. Transmission - Comm-Link. Retrieved 2022-06-01
- The Gladius isn't the only thing getting love in 3.13! on Reddit
- 2951 Ship Showdown Submissions
- 2951 Ship Showdown Winners