Skyline is a mapping and navigation application created by The Ark and installed on every mobiGlas. It is designed to interface with ship computers to aid in automated navigation and wayfinding.
Accessing the Skyline app
There are two ways you can access your starmap:
- Open up your mobiGlas by pressing F1, then select the Skyline button in your app list.
- Access the app instantly by pressing F2.
Control scheme and layout
|Left mouse button||Rotate view|
|Right mouse button||Pan view|
|Mouse scroll wheel||Zoom in and out
Note: zoom speed can be modified in your options menu. Choose "Game Settings" and find the "Star Map Zoom Speed" slider to adjust it.
|Double right click||Zoom all the way out to the system overview|
- To center and zoom the starmap in on your current position, click the button at the top with the circular target symbol.
- Double-click on a celestial object or space station to zoom in on it.
- Single-click on a celestial object or space station to select it for navigation purposes. Details about your selected target will appear in the information box at the top right.
Quirks, bugs, and workarounds
Map objects do not show up
Double right click to zoom your view out all the way to the system view. If there still aren't any map objects showing up, close your mobiGlas and re-enter the starmap. (This step may need to be repeated multiple times. The map will eventually launch in working order)
Route plotter isn't plotting a route to my destination
This usually occurs when a large object, such as a planet, is obstructing your direct-line flightpath. Choose another destination which is not obstructed and navigate around the celestial body.