Spectrum is a real-time web application (and additional functionality in the Launcher and Star Citizen executable) that will handle all in-game and out of game community communications in Star Citizen, under development by Turbulent. It was designed to integrate forums, chat, and other key features into one streamlined platform.
Spectrum is first announced in CitizenCon 2016. The initial launch will be a web application, but subsequent releases will include more functionality, such as a fully integrated in-game overlay and voice chat. Looking further into the future, players will even be able to launch the game from Spectrum.
The first iteration of Spectrum, Alpha 0.3.0x was launched in 2017-02-17. In 2017-04-04, the old RSI forums were closed and put into an archival state. It stayed that way up until at some undetermined moment in 2019, the subdomain became unavailable and started showing a "504 Gateway Time-out" message.
- Spectrum Alpha is Live!. Transmission - Comm-Link
- Monthly Studio Report October 2016. Transmission - Comm-Link
- Spectrum – Frequently Asked Questions
- Welcome to Spectrum 0.3.0. Spectrum
- Spectrum Post-Migration Information. Spectrum
- web.archive.org listings of snapshots made of forums.robertsspaceindustries.com