Star Citizen Alpha 4.0.0
- Orison shipyards (Landing Zone)
- Atmospheric Combat
AI ships have the proper functionality and behavior to navigate and fight in atmosphere by taking into account concepts like lift, drag, or energy potential. Ships will correctly navigate terrain layout and objects on planets as well.
- FPS: Combat Behaviors v2
Creating varied and believable combat behaviors for enemy AI to adopt in battle. The AI will not only use a variety of weapons to create different combat situations but will have different ways to engage the player, whether in groups or solo. This task also includes creating varying levels of combat training and skill sets for specific areas or situations.
- Flight AI: Improvements and Polishing / FPS: Combat Improvements and Polishing
This polishing pass contains final work on behaviors and balancing as well as bug fixing. Goal is to improve the look and feel of flight combat for the release.
- Zero-G Push & Pull
Adding the ability for the player to traverse surfaces in zero-g by pushing and pulling with their hands. This will come into play when the player is wearing an EVA suit without thrusters, or if thrusters are turned off.
- Ship-to-Station Docking
Adding the ability to dock and spawn vehicles connected to space stations. This functionality is required for some of the larger ships to spawn at certain locations.
- Multicrew - Expanded Pilot Role / Expanded Turret Gunner Role
Pilots will be able to receive instructions and view information in order to follow specific instruction. For example, moving to a designated area or Quantum Travelling to a specific point.
Turret Gunners will be able to receive specific target designations from other players and track them independently of their own targets.
- Security System
The security system controls who has access to areas and objects based on various factors such as reputation, ownership, keycards, and faction. It will automatically issue warnings to people breaking the law and, if ignored, will flag them as criminals to security forces.
- NPC Healing
Expanding the healing gameplay to allow the player to use items with healing properties (like the MedPen) on other players and NPCs.
Weapons and Items
- Behring GP-33 Grenade Launcher
Designing and creating the Behring GP-33 grenade launcher. Includes asset creation, animation, and balancing.
CitizenCon 2016 Announcements
Basic Profession Functions
- Travel to multiple Star Systems – The universe expands beyond the Stanton System.
- Exploration and Discovery – Find unknown asteroids, derelicts, fuel sources, bases, commodity locations, scanning of space and surfaces in order to utilize, share or sell the information.
- Science and Research – Retrieve samples from space and planetside locations for analysis, atmospheric manipulation, scan/analyze various phenomena.