(Redirected from SCU)
Standard Cargo Unit (SCU) is a unit used to describe the volume of cargo in game. It is commonly used to describe cargo capacity of vehicles in the verse. It is based on the size of 1 m3 (1,000 l) stored inside a container with a standard thickness of 0.125 m. Making the total size of 1 SCU ca. 1.95 m3 (1.25 × 1.25 × 1.25 m).
Currently there are only storage containers of 1 SCU in the game, holding 100 units of commodities each.
SCU adopts metric prefix in game to indicate a multiple or fraction of the unit. One Storage Point (SP) is the equivalent of one microSCU.
|SCU||centiSCU (cSCU)||microSCU (μSCU)|
- One twenty-foot equivalent unit (often TEU) used in standardized shipping containers occupies a space of 38.26 m3. Their ingame equivalent is the 16-SCU container, wich occupies a volume of 31.25 m3
- Although the litre is the most common unit of volume used in many countries and is accepted for use with the SI, the real SI unit of volume is indeed the cubic meter.
- ↑ Comm-Link:Cargo Interaction. Engineering - Comm-Link
- ↑ The Shipyard:SCU and Cargo Capacity - A Guide to the New Ship Matrix. Engineering - Comm-Link
- ↑ LIS: Logistics & Transport Lexicon - ISO-Container
- ↑ Star Citizen: ATV Anniversary Special - Anvil Aerospace & Hawk Reveal. Retrieved 2022-12-08 on Youtube
- ↑ Bureau International des Poids et Mesures - The International System of Units (SI)
This article is a stub.
This article needs some ❤️! You can help the Star Citizen Wiki by expanding it. See Category:Article stubs for other pages that needs expansion.