Alpha Patch 2.1.1 has been released to live, and is now available for players! This patch is primarily performance and crash fixes for Crusader and Arena Commander, as well as some ship balance changes.
Your launcher should should show "2.1.1-313699" as the client version. It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Public.
Please review our list of 2.1.1 Known Issues, and take full advantage of our Issue Council area of the Community site to report any bugs you encounter, as well as contribute to other players submissions.
Some important call-outs:
- We are aware that ArcCorp is still suffering from some texture problems and level of detail popping.
- There is a severe audio distortion bug occurring during long play sessions that we are investigating.
- Destroying the turret of a ship can sometimes break it in such a way that it cannot be targeted by other ships.
- The Vanguard can sometimes spawn in with one or more of it's lasers floating inside of the ship.
Arena Commander Module
- Improved the overheat rate of the Revenant Gatling gun, so that it will go longer before overheating.
- Slightly reduced the overall maneuverability of the Vanguard Warden.
- It should take longer to rotate in all directions.
- Slightly reduced the oversteer/slide.
- The Vanduul Glaive now has cruise speed of 1080.
- The Vanduul Scythe now has a cruise speed of 995.
- The Vanduul Glaive has received a significant increase to ship health.
- Fixed an issue where enemy Vanduul AI ships would spin out of control when killed and only despawn on hitting the simulation boundary.
- Fixed an issue where damaging or destroying a Vanguard Warden was not awarding points in Arena Commander.
- Fixed the position of the radar globe in the Vanguard Warden ship HUD.
- We are temporarily changing the Vanguard to use one shield at 6x current strength, to closer mimic its final function.
- This is temporary as the tech for the six-shield set up the Vanguard will have in its final iteration is not yet implemented in 2.1.
- Fixed an issue with the Cutlass Black and Retaliator turrets, where the weapons were misaligned and not correctly attached to the turret mounts.
- Fixed an issue where Vanguard Pilots would find their character eyes visible in the middle of their screen, after respawning in Arena Commander games.
- Fixed an issue where the central MFD information was offset from the ship HUD on the Vanguard Warden's screen.
- Fixed a bug that caused all doors in ArcCorp and Million Mile High club to break.
- Removed an errant Devastator-12 Energy Shotgun that would spawn inside of one of rare wrecks in the Yela Asteroid Field.
- This was removed because it would cause a client crash. If any player finds this still in-game on this new build, please report it to Issue CouncilASAP. Thank you!
- Fixed a number of server and client crashes.
- Made several FPS performance improvements to the Constellation Andromeda while in Crusader.