Alpha Patch 3.21.1 has been released to the LIVE, and is now available to test! Patch should now show: VERSION 3.21.1-LIVE.8892745.
It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER and Shader folders for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizen\LIVE. The Shader folders can be found here %localappdata%\Star Citizen.
- Short Term Database Reset: Yes (Loss of items not stored in LTP)
- Long Term Persistence (LTP): Enabled
- Starting aUEC: 20,000
- PU - Stanton - AI / Mission Content - UGF AI Can Sometimes fall through the stairs / floor
- Multivehicle - PU - Vehicles - When docking at a station the docking arm will not extend
- PU - Stanton - Area18/GrimHex - Locations / Inventory / Respawn - Player loses loadout and equipped items after dying in the armistice zone
- SRV Tow UI shows invalid or no target despite meeting the criteria for a valid target prior to attempting to tow a ship in QT
- PU - Rental Kiosk / ASOP Kiosk - After Renting a ship and letting the rent timer expire. A couple of ships or rows will not be visible at the ASOP
- PU - Stanton - Data Heist - Mission Content / Game Code - If players fail the Very Easy mission they can't reaccept it
- Multivehicle - ASOP Retrieval - Various vehicles spawn with wings/engines/landing gear in their "in-flight" state instead of their "landed" state when retrieved from ASOP
- Multivehicle - PU - Vehicles / Usables - Exiting bench seats ignores collision
- AC / SM - Menus - Ship / Equipment Rental - Renting a ship / Equipment for 3 days display incorrect rental times
- AC - Single Weapon Elimination - Weapon / FPS - Player who has takedown performed on them has their gun despawned
- PU - Stanton - Halo - Desync / EVA / Vehicle / Ships - Players can desync when transitioning to or from EVA from one ship to another ship
- PU - Missions / Reputation - Data Heist - The hard missions are not appearing despite meeting the requirements
- PU - Stanton - Location - Seraphim - ASOP / Fleet Manager - The ASOP terminal loading screen will not end
- PU - Shopping Kiosk - "Invalid Sell Price" error occurs while selling specific items
- PU - Stanton - New Babbage - NPE - Locations/Design - The player will be stuck in their hab's bed if they restart the tutorial by quitting to main menu whilst dead, blocking flow
- System - Security - Ship Trespass
The interior of players' ships are now considered trespass zones for those without permission to enter. Permission will granted via the party system until more complex systems for managing crew and passengers is created. Players trespassing aboard a ship will see a Trespass Warning and can be attacked by the owner of the ship and any player in their party without fear of committing a crime. This timer has a brief period after they exit the ship to where hostile actions against the trespasser are warranted. If the player is allowed access to a ship due to the owner being a hostile, then the hostile’s hostility timer runs out whilst still aboard, they retain the right to remain aboard until they leave. Should they attack former hostile they would be able to receive crimes and be lawfully attacked in self defense. Should former hostile attack them, they would be able to press charges and be lawfully act in self defense. This update also removes the warning that all players see in a ship when a new person joins, making it much more difficult to tell when your ship has been boarded and by whom until visual confirmation has been made.
- Mission - Defend - Data Heist
Implementing unlawful missions that task the player with infiltrating locations defended by hostile NPCs to hack terminals. Players with the mission will be sent to a location to help recover/steal data from servers at the location. They will need to access the main-terminal via hacking or Technicians ID chip (found at the location) and give access via interaction screen to their mission handler who will initiate the download. During the download they will defend the terminal and servers, the latter of which can be destroyed or overheated. Once enough data has been uploaded they will be able to leave the area completing the mission. They will fail if too many servers have been destroyed or not enough data has been uploaded.
Ships and Vehicles
- Added New Ship: ARGO SRV
- Added New Ship: Crusader C1 Spirit
- Added New Vehicle: Tumbril Storm
- Adjusted Gloss Values of Screens Around Major Landing Zones and Most Space Stations to Reduce Light Glare
- Seraphim Station Exterior Lighting Polish Pass
- FPS AI Behavior Integration
With 3.21.1 we have integrated in much of the FPS AI behavior from Squadron 42. These updates, that have been polished and worked on outside of Star Citizen release builds until now, will vastly improve overall difficulty, reaction times, animations, behaviors, and other traits and make combat with them a much more dangerous but rewarding experience.
- Tractor Beam - T2 - Vehicle Tractor Beam
The inclusion of Vehicle tractor beams and the ability to tow ships has been added to 3.21.1. The vehicle tractor beam feature will not only bring the Tractor Beam to the vehicles but also will extend the FPS tractor beam by adding more functionality and adding a brand new, larger standalone Tractor beam for players to use.
This update includes much work to add Pilot and Remote turret controlled tractor beams and functionality to lots of ships that allow them. While most ships will have remote turret controlled, ships such as the 315p and Vulture will have Pilot controlled tractor beams. As this is a first, initial pass to add tractor beams to many ships, some tractor beams are not in ideal locations for the intended use, a prime example of this is the cutlass blacks who's tractor beam cannot see the interior of the ship. There current positioning is not final and we do plan to revisit them to make further improvements to there locations and integrations in future releases.
We have also included the ability for specialized ships like the ARGO SRV to use towing tractor beams, allowing them to grab onto and pull ships that have their shields and engines disabled through space, atmospheres with gravity, and through quantum travel. Towing Crime - We have expanded this so the legal owner of the ship will have the ability to press charges or not when someone tows their ship without being in the party. Turning back on the shields of the towed ship will immediately cut off the towing tractor beam.
New, additional functionalities will include: A larger, new standalone FPS Tractor beam tool, an update to the balance of all tractor beams and adding different sizes of the tractor beam to allow different masses or volumes to be grabbed. Allowing for multiple tractor beams to affect a single item and allow multiple players to manipulate the same object. Added Grappling Recoil to Tractor Beams. Implemented a new, dedicated tractor beam UI. Added target distance indicator, added Range Bar, added time transitions to bars. UI updates to display max angle, deflection, and stats.
- Temporary Towing Halt for Mission Spawned Ships
Some missions have been updated to not break the systemic sandbox activity of the game. This requires a temporary block on towing ships that have spawned for many different missions.
- Wake of Disaster - Due to the intention of making this a PVP experience we have not enabled towing on these mission ships while we update the design of the mission to keep the experience we want and not break systemic sandbox activity, we are working on a design to allow us to enable towing currently.
- Cover-up and Illegal salvage - These will give crimes as you wont have permission to tow them however the mission will still work and resolve correctly (Cover-up you can drag them far enough away from the inspection site and the mission will complete as security can't find the ship).
- Legal Salvage - Can still be tractored but causes potential greifing issues we are working on a resolution for this but likely wont see it in 3.21.1.
- New Player Experience - New Babbage
We have done a full update on the New Player Experience mission and signage to bring this feature to New Babbage. This update includes many changes to make the mission flow better through New Babbage as well as the addition of shops, more location signage, and a full lighting polish pass to the landing zone.
- Ground Radar Sensitivity Addition
Introduced radar ground sensitivity, so different radars can see ground vehicles from different ranges. This includes a full balance pass on ground vehicle emissions and also adds the ability for ground vehicles using Missile Operator Mode to target lock other ground vehicles.
- AI Ship Cargo Manifest Balance Changes
Re-balancing the cargo amounts and types that spawn inside derelict and AI ships in the PU using a new distribution algorithm.
- Ground Radar Adjustments
Increased ground vehicle emissions and reduced the ground sensitivity on all ship radars so the overall distance is unaffected for ships, but will allow ground vehicles to see each other from further away.
- UGF Ledge, Cover, and Navigation Improvement Polish Pass
Ships and Vehicles
- Vehicle Headlight Refactor
The Star Citizen lighting teams have collaborated to carry out a headlight rework of every vehicle in the PU. This has been done to create a more consistent look and functionality across each manufacturer. The headlight intensity, radius (distance cast), and color will be set based on the vehicle size and manufacturer. This means each vehicle will fall into one of six size categories ranging from Size 1 with 500 meters of headlight cast distance, up to Size 6 with 3000 meters of headlight cast distance.
- Partial Ship Mass Balance
Tumbril Nova, Corsair, Vanguard, Caterpillar, Mole, Raft, and Star Runners have all had a balance pass on their actual masses in the universe. This update will make some slight changes velocities and handling to the ships listed.
- Tumbril Nova Movement Tweaks
Adjusted minimum and maximum track friction and steering stiffness.
- Increased Crusader Spirit Wing Base Joint Health
- Made Several Client Performance Optimizations
- Put in Multiple Physics Changes to Help Prevent Player Corpses Falling Through Planet Surfaces When Falling at Speed
- Made Server Performance Optimizations for Ship Debris
- Fixed an issued causing Hab elevators to frequently fail to spawn
- Status effects for medical pens should no longer wear off after 15 seconds (Increased to 15 minutes)
- Fixed an issue causing players to be considered Trespassing immediately after completing a UGF mission, causing turrets to destroy any ships near the facility
- Fixed an issue causing players to not be able to send invites or join in on contacts from the main menu until entering a party within the Persistent Universe
- Shopkeepers throughout the PU can should no longer face the wrong way or be far away from their desk usables
- AI Guard arms should no longer clip into its body during the Idle animation in hangers only
- Fixed an issue causing spacesuit EVA thrusters to sometimes remain on while while walking around outside of EVA
- Eddie Parr and other Bartender AI should no longer have animation issues while idle and while preparing a player's drink
- The elevator in the Stratus building in Orison should no longer abruptly turn 180 degrees when it moves
- Mission objectives should now correctly display while in remote turrets
- Fixed an issue sometimes causing the assigned hangar AR Marker to not appear
- Inventory container items such as backpacks and legs should no longer incorrectly show as 0% filled when they contain items
- Vehicle debris that detach from the ship skeleton on hard death should no longer create floating, immovable debris such as ship ladders and landing gear, floating in mid-air
- The weapons locker UI panel in the Origin 400i should no longer be labeled as an unlocalized variable
- The Super Hornet should no longer lose yaw and partial pitch control if the nose turret is removed in VMA
- Enabling auto-gimbal should no longer cause fixed wing gun convergence to be set too close
- Fixed the MISC Reliant not being able to transform into its Vertical flight mode
- Cargo UI markers from inside your ship should no longer appear on and clutter your HUD while flying
- Fixed an issue causing some ship elevator animations to desync after reaching the floor
- Fixed an issue that was causing players to get a "Failed to find Match" error message when attempting to launch multiple Arena Commander Game Modes
- The 600i cockpit light should no longer be overly bright
- F8C main thruster sounds should now work correctly
- The Yoke should now animate correctly when the player is piloting the Crusader Spirit variants
- The Drake Caterpillar Command Access room ladder should now function correctly
- Loot containers should no longer be deleted by the entity density manager which caused them to despawn in front of players
- Fixed an issue causing the Mirai Fury LX to not appear in Arena Commander
- Tractor Beam/Salvage Beam VFXs should now correctly sync across clients
- The jump seats in the ARGO MPUV Transport should now have full interaction
- Fixed the HoverQuad vehicle spawning slightly stuck in the ground
- Anvil Ballista headlight entity should no longer be floating in front of the light fixture and emitting light when disabled
- On-grid Containers should no longer be barred from being sold and off-grid Containers should no longer be downsized in volume or blocked from being sold
- Fixed Visarea issues with Rest Stop Hub Walls
- Fixed the Lorville Room System not protecting players from extreme exterior weather conditions
- The "Illegal Surveillance Detected" Mercenary mission should no longer send players to Security Post Kareah as the mission location causing SPK to be hostile to them and fire on their ship
- Shopkeepers throughout the PU should no longer sometimes be seen facing the wrong way / away from their desks
- Players should now be able to receive or accept other service beacons after their service beacon has been abandoned / canceled / declined
- Fixed 9 Client Crashes
- Fixed 5 Server Crashes
- Fixed a Server Deadlock
- Ship components should now correctly save and be stored in Long Term Persistence
Siege of Orison Re-Activation - Event Updates
Re-introduction of Siege of Orison into the PU. This re-activation will allow us to run Siege in 3.21.1 and later during specific times and dates when needed.
Many, hugely impactful additions have been worked on for Siege of Orison since we last ran the event! These should make it a much more polished and intense event for all players, lawful and lawless.
- Siege now has a warning period for the event, when this initially starts there will be a 30 min warning where Dulli will say something is going down, this is to allow people to prep and accept the mission to know where its taking place
- The lift from Orison to the rooftop will be disabled by default and only enabled when the event starts.
- All the shuttle call terminals require the lieutenant’s code to be input one time to unlock.
- Example would be the shuttle from Easy to Medium islands should use Solanki Boss' code, this includes if you managed to unlock it from Medium island. - The only one that won’t have a code is the broken shuttle from H to E island.
- The barge now has a container that will prevent people from pushing into the barge beyond the first room. This becomes unlocked when all the previous Islands boss' have been complete
- If you take a Siege Ship out of the area while the event is active we active self destruct that the player can not turn off
- If you get back in the area it should disable the self-destruct - Once the IFFI on the barge is down, players will be free to take the ships as the Self-Distruct will be disabled - If you try and take your own ship into the area, you will be impounded back to “the last ATC the player was near"
- There have been changes under the hood to turrets and the way the IFFI interact
- If a player commits a crime or attacks another player on the mission they will get a marker placed on them and players still in the mission will be allowed to kill them, with this they will see an objective to do with Nine tails sympathizers and how many have been killed. You will only see markers for sympathizers on the same island as you.
- When you kill the island lieutenant and loot the code you will get a marker on potential IFFI locations
- We have new audio lines
- If the player approaches an island and the lieutenant is killed but the AA isn't disabled - If you are heading to an island and there are Ninetails sympathizers on that island - Along with one saying about more than 1 - New mission success line - New line saying the lieutenant is dead and the iffi is optional they can move on - A line for the possible IFFI locations - Personal thank you to the player for doing the event - If a player kills another player everyone on that island gets informed, there is also a repeat line for this.
- Fail reason strings have been added to all relevant objectives and the overall mission fails
Arena Commander 3.21.1 Patch Notes
Arena Commander has updated Ship Inclusions & Scoring in preparation for multi-crew gameplay.
Game Mode Updates
Single Weapon Elimination: now featuring Railguns! Play now until November 19th & December 3rd til 10th only! Tank Royale & Team Tank Battle: The TMBR Storm has been added to Tank Experimental Mode, available for those that own the vehicle.
Ship Inclusions Balance
We’d like to collect analytics and feedback on a more inclusive allowed-vehicles-list for all game modes, allowing you to try non-meta strategies or practice modes like Vanduul Swarm with non-combat ships preparing you for attacks in the ‘verse! Duel & Battle Royale will remain exclusive to Light & Medium Combat Ships.
- Ship Additions to
All Game Modes: AEGIS Avenger Titan, AEGIS Avenger Titan Renegade, DRAKE Buccaneer, Espiria Glaive, and Espiria Scythe
Squadron Battle: AEGIS Eclipse, AEGIS Vanguard Harbinger, AEGIS Vanguard Hoplite, AEGIS Vanguard Sentinel, AEGIS Vanguard Warden, ANVIL C8 Pisces, ANVIL C8R Pisces Rescue, ANVIL C8X Pisces Expedition, ANVIL Gladiator, ANVIL Hurricane, ANVIL Valkyrie, ANVIL Valkyrie Liberator, ARGO MOLE, ARGO MOLE Carbon, ARGO MOLE Talus, CNOU Mustang Alpha, CNOU Mustang CitizenCon 2948 Edition, CNOU Mustang Beta, CNOU Mustang Delta, CNOU Mustang Gamma, CNOU Mustang Omega, CRUS A2 Hercules Starlifter, CRUS M2 Hercules Starlifter, CRUS Ares Star Fighter Inferno, CRUS Ares Star Fighter Ion, CRUS Mercury Star Runner, DRAKE Corsair, DRAKE Cutlass Red, KRIG P-52 Merlin, KRIG P-72 Archimedes. KRIG P-92 Archimedes Emerald, MISC Freelancer, MISC Freelancer DUR, MISC Freelancer MAX, MISC Freelancer MIS, ORIG 300i, ORIG 315p, ORIG 350r, ORIG 400i, ORIG 600i, ORIG 600i Executive Edition, ORIG 600i Touring, ORIG M50 Interceptor, RSI Aurora CL, RSI Aurora ES, RSI Aurora LN, RSI Aurora MR, RSI Constellation Andromeda, RSI Constellation Aquila, RSI Constellation Phoenix, RSI Constellation Phoenix Emerald, and RSI Constellation Taurus
Pirate/Vanduul Swarm: AEGS Reclaimer and AEGS Reclaimer Best In Show Edition
Previously we scored based on overall ship ability, this led to multicrew vehicles having a very high base score which was acquirable from not only killing a fully crewed ship but from a pilot-only one too. We’ve adjusted scoring to value the hull of the vehicle rather than the overall ability in preparation for Multicrew.
We’ve also added scoring for ships which were previously unusable in Arena Commander due to requiring multicrew.
The following ship scoring has been adjusted:
- AEGIS Avenger Titan: 1400 -> 1200
- AEGIS Avenger Titan Renegade: 1400 -> 1200
- AEGIS Avenger Warlock: 1700 -> 1500
- AEGIS Gladius Valiant: 1900 -> 2000
- AEGIS Hammerhead: 10000 -> 6000
- AEGIS Reclaimer: 3200 -> 5000
- AEGIS Redeemer: 4000 -> 3000
- AEGIS Retaliator: 2300 -> 3000
- AEGIS Sabre: 1800 -> 1500
- AEGIS Sabre Comet: 1200 -> 1500
- AEGIS Sabre Raven: 1800 -> 1300
- AEGIS Vanguard Harbinger: 3000 -> 2500
- AEGIS Vanguard Hoplite: 3000 -> 2500
- AEGIS Vanguard Warden: 3400 -> 2800
- ANVIL Carrack: 5000 -> 4000
- ANVIL Hurricane: 4000 -> 3000
- ANVIL Valkyrie: 3000 -> 2400
- ANVIL Valkyrie Liberator: 3000 -> 2400
- ARGO MOLE: 1500 -> 1000
- ARGO MOLE Carbon: 1500 -> 1000
- ARGO MOLE Talus: 1500 -> 1000
- ARGO RAFT: 1500 -> 1000
- CNOU Nomad: 1400 -> 1200
- CRUS A2 Hercules Starlifter: 2800 -> 5000
- CRUS C2 Hercules Starlifter: 2800 -> 3000
- CRUS M2 Hercules Starlifter: 2300 -> 4000
- CRUS Ares Star Fighter Inferno: 2300 -> 3000
- CRUS Ares Star Fighter Ion: 2300 -> 3000
- DRAKE Buccaneer: 1500 -> 1400
- DRAKE Caterpillar: 3500 -> 2500
- DRAKE Cutlass Blue: 2750 -> 2500
- DRAKE Cutlass Red: 1750 -> 1500
- DRAKE Cutter (All Variants): 1000 -> 800
- ESPR Blade: 1800 -> 1900
- ESPR Glaive: 2500 -> 2200
- KRIG P-52 Merlin: 900 -> 1250
- KRIG P-72 Archimedes: 600 -> 1000
- MIRAI Fury LX: 900 -> 500
- MIRAI Fury MX: 900 -> 750
- MIRAI Razor: 900 -> 750
- MIRAI Razor EX: 1000 -> 800
- MIRAI Razor LX: 900 -> 750
- MISC Hull-A: 1400 -> 750
- MISC Prospector: 1500 -> 1000
- MISC Starfarer: 3700 -> 3000
- MISC Starfarer Gemini: 4000 -> 3000
- ORIG 890 Jump: 5500 -> 4500
- RSI Constellation (All Variants): 2500(~300) -> 2500
- RSI Mantis: 1650 -> 1400
- RSI Scorpius: 3500 -> 3000
- RSI Scorpius Antares: 3200 -> 2500
- Star Citizen Alpha 3.21.1 LIVE.8892745 Patch Notes. Spectrum. Retrieved 2023-11-16