Star Marine is an in-universe first-person combat simulator by InterDimension Software that is used for entertainment and training. It lets players engage in pitched FPS battles complete with multiple game modes, leaderboards, and an all-new user interface.
Star Marine has a variety of game modes for players to join and play; whether by themselves, with friends, or with other online players. The current set of game modes include:
- OP Station Demien based on the historical location of the same name.
- Echo Eleven based on the historical location of the same name.
- The Good Doctor based in a Mya terraforming colony 100 years before present
- A free-for-all everyone-for-themselves fight where players duke it out for the highest kill score.
- Last Stand
- Team up and battle for dominance over several Control Points in a fight where proper teamwork will determine victory.
Star Marine features numerous updates to Star Citizen’s FPS systems including grenades, vaulting, and combat emotes. The Player Health System has been updated so that you can now bleed out, when injured your health pool decreases over time until it reaches a fatal limit or the player heals. Competitive leaderboards have also been included, as well as a major UI update to the lobby. Star Marine is accessible to all backers with Star Citizen packages.[citation needed ]