Slavery also intentured servitude, unfree labour and forced labour are names for various similar illegal practices.
Slaves are forced to work in mines, purchased to fight in gladiatorial rings or used for scientific experimentation.
They are sometimes marked by their 'owners'.
Trafficking, smuggling or enslaving of sentient beings is forbidden in the UEE. Child and forced labour existed in the Messer Era. Slavery and slave trafficking is now outlawed in the United Empire of Earth, the Xi'an Empire and in the Banu Protectorate. However, some planet-states within the Protectorate still allowing the ownership of slaves.
- Spider, criminal haven in the Cathcart System
- Nyx System - a 'traveling' slave market
- Olympus, Nul - home to another 'traveling' slave market.
- Kins II has a 'servant market'.
Reports of forced labour
Reputation of Slavers
Slavers are seen as 'scum' even among other criminals. They seem to have a very bad reputation within the human society.
- Anthony Tanaka, child worker. His death sparked the resistance against the Messer dictatorship.