Work at CIG
He wanted to be in the FBI but in high school decided to go into movies.
He was a location sound mixed in New York on very low budget movies.
In part in order to focus on scipt writing he moved out to LA, where he was a QA localisation tester at Activision working on Ascendant Pictures during the day in 2002. He was director assistant on the Outlander movie where he met Chris Roberts and Ryan Church and did a lot of freelance movie stuff. During his free time he was working on screenplays, , and the during the night while interning for
Afterwards he decided to focus on his script writing and worked on one for a while with Chris Roberts.
- Since the universe of Star Citizen took elements from Ancient Rome, he reread old textbooks about that period as well as talks about the classics ( , , , , etc.) He has always been a fan of so he rewatched which hardly counts as 'work'.
- With Cassandra's Tears, he went to the Mystery and Imagination Bookshop in Glendale and picked up old copies of the Sci-Fi/Fantasy anthology magazines to try and capture that style used in the 1950's type of story. While Kid Crimson was naturally more of a flavor.
- He drew the most inspiration from music. When he started writing something, he'll try to collate any songs that put his head in that world or capture a scene or emotion. Therefore, his Star Citizen playlist is a variety of songs from all sorts of genres, from  score for to and score to to a . Anything that sparks the brain to the material.
- He grew up as a gamer but his family always seemed to have the 'other systems'. They didn't have  but the . They didn't have a 64 but II PC. So until PC really caught on, they never really had the popular games in the house. He kept playing games through high school but fell off a bit after college as he was broke and couldn't afford the systems.
- Around 2010, he started playing games again but have slowed down. Recently, He has been watching his roommate work his way through  which has been fun. He played through 2 in 2012, so he jumped on that bandwagon relatively late.
- Shroud of the Avatar Live Dev Cam, Richard Garriott, YouTube, 7 Apr 2013
- Around the Verse - Scanners Aglow, Torpedoes in Tow
- Meet Dave Haddock. Transmission - Comm-Link
- SCAA Interviews 004 Lead Writer David Haddock, Nichole D'Angelo, YouTube, 19 Feb 2014
- Star Citizen Addicts Anonymous - Interview with Sandi Gardiner pt 1, Nichole D'Angelo, YouTube, 2 Mar 2015
- David Ladyman, "An Interview with Dave Haddock". Jump Point. Vol. 01 no. 05. pp.30–34. Retrieved 2013-04-26.