|Terra : Terra III|
|Affiliation||United Empire of Earth|
|Senator||Mira Ngo, Kelos Albervar|
|Location||UEE space |
├ Terra system
└─ Orbiting Terra Nova
While die-hard Earth loyalists would dispute such a claim, there is no doubt that Terra has its finger on the pulse of the civilized galaxy. From the increasing inflow of megacorporate HQs to the system to the influence of Terranoriginated music on popular culture, Terra is unquestionably the closest thing to a rival Earth has ever produced. In four centuries, owing to its jump network and location, it has evolved into a massive trade hub. Kiel, Baker, Kilian and other name systems are short hops from the star. The world's plentiful resources, cultivated carefully so as not to impact the environment, have fueled the Empire's Eastern Expansion Program. Terra is home to Song University, named after the planet's discoverer and known for teaching Banu culture.
Wei-Yin Song, one of the lead surveyors for the UNE's Eastern Expansion Program, was the first citizen to discover Terra (known as 342A.03M at the time) in 2516. Scans and scouting missions confirmed the presence of a naturally oxygen-based atmosphere, indigenous vegetation, vast oceans, and temperate climates. Deep in the southern region, a scout team discovered remnants of a rock formation, indicating that they were arranged that way but they didn't discover any indication of intelligent life. The team went on to suggest the planet should establish a forward operating base for terraforming and expansion into the adjoining systems. Upon discovery, this naturally-occurring oxygen-based planet seemed like an untouched Earth and so they named it Terra as a reflection for the birthplace of Humanity. Over the centuries, Terra has grown into one of the jewels of the Empire, becoming a political and cultural force. Home to the Transitionalist political movement who believe that Terra better represents the future of the UEE than the current capital, Earth.
Terra's second-largest city is Quasi, it is located in the colder southern hemisphere.
New Austin, another initial colonization point, is as close as Terra comes to an industrial city.
The Magnetic Ridge is a famous landmark on Terra, oft compared with the Grand Canyon on Earth.
Nova Kiev, also spelled Nova Kyiv, was the location of Anvil Aerospace's first skunkwork facility, and is still home to their headquarters today. In 2796, Nova Kiev was listed as the location of an Anvil Aerospace factory that manufactured the Terrapin.
State of Vastac
Vastac is located in a tropical region of Terra and borders the Animas Sea. It is the natural habitat of the Emperor Bloom and the location of the Tecuya Mountains. It is quite likely that Prime is located in Vastac, or it may represent a neighbouring state.
- Ark StarMap. Starmap
- Galactic Guide: Terra. Transmission - Comm-Link
- CitizenCon 2949 Panel: Xenolinguistics and You. Citizens - Comm-Link
- 2516: A Better Earth. Spectrum Dispatch - Comm-Link
- Congress Now - Amendment 27. Spectrum Dispatch - Comm-Link
- Comm-Link:Congress Now - 2944-01-21. Spectrum Dispatch - Comm-Link
- Portfolio: 78th Squadron. Spectrum Dispatch - Comm-Link
- Important Announcement From Esperia Inc. Transmission - Comm-Link
- Portfolio: Anvil Aerospace. Spectrum Dispatch - Comm-Link. Retrieved 2021-03-14
- Terrapin Concept Brochure
- Loremakers Community Questions: Anasazi Sea on Terra, acc. 2021-04-09
- New United: Emboldened Outlaws. Spectrum Dispatch - Comm-Link
- ShowDown! "Atlas Falls". Spectrum Dispatch - Comm-Link
- Portfolio - Chemline Solutions. Spectrum Dispatch - Comm-Link
|Locations in the Terra system|