|Developer||Cloud Imperium Games / Foundry 42|
|Publisher||Roberts Space Industries|
|Genre||Single player campaign with First Person Universe|
|Engine||Star Engine (Heavily modified Amazon Lumberyard)|
Squadron 42 is a single player game  developed by Chris Roberts and his development studio Cloud Imperium Games. It shares the same game lore and game development background and was sold together with Star Citizen until the game "pledge packages" were split on 2016-02-14.
DevelopmentSQ42 was announced originally in a Kickstarter campaign in 2012 together with Star Citizen. After the implementation of more Stretch goals (the last stretch goal was achieved 2014-11-10) the release was subsequently postponed. After CitizenCon in 2015, a new homepage "Answer the Call" showed the date 2016. At CitizenCon 2016 Roberts confirmed a delay of the game. Its release date is currently unknown. 
- Squadron 42 will have "have some level of difficulty setting".
- Squadron 42 will have first person shooter elements.
- Character customization.
- Squadron 42 will have planetary landings and possibly procedural generated planets.
The cast of Squadron 42 includes a strong list of A-list actors and actresses including
- Gary Oldman as Admiral Ernst Bishop
- Mark Hamill as Lieutenant Commander Steve "Old Man" Cotton
- Mark Strong as Captain Thomas Wade
- John Rhys-Davies as Randall Graves
- Liam Cunningham as Captain Noah White
- Gillian Anderson as Captain Rachel MacLaren
- Andy Serkis as Thul'Oqquray
- Jack Huston as Cal Mason
- Sophie Wu as Cara "Web" Webster
- Ben Mendelsohn as Julian Wexler
- Ian Duncan as the Player character
Full Cast & Crew on IMDb (As of 2018-02-19 not complete).
Squadron 42 Soundtrack
Named Tracks by Zanelli
- Bishop Speech
- Cutlass Tango
- Old Man Teaser
- 10 For the Chairman: Episode 67 from 2015-09-21; Transcript by SCQA
- Package Split Information
- YouTube - Citizen Con 2016 Presentation - Timecode 1h7m
- Squadron42 - Answer the Call
- 10 For the Chairman Episode 62 from 2015-08-03; Transcript by SCQA.
- 10 for the Producers: Episode 13 from 2015-11-23; Transcript by SCQA.
- 10 for the Chairman: Episode 76 from 2016-02-01; Transcript by SCQA.
- 10 for the Developers: Episode 10 from 2016-05-16; Transcript by SCQA.
- Star Citizen: 10 for the Chairman - Episode 85 from 2016-07-20; Transcript by SCQA
- 10 for the Developers: Episode 13 from 2016-07-06; Transcript by SCQA.
- DevPost stating Squadron 42 start time.
- 10 for the Chairman: Episode 79 from 2016-03-14; Transcript by SCQA.
- Squadron 42: The Morrow Tour (LIVE Version) (Squadron 42: Preview) from 2015-10-10. Accessed 2016-11-05.
- Geoff Zanelli's Website