|Role||Admiral, UEE 2nd Fleet|
|Citizenship Status||UEE Citizen|
|Unit||UEE 2nd Fleet|
|Years of Service||? - Present|
Ernst Bishop is an UEE Navy Admiral assigned to the 2nd UEE Fleet. He is also member of the High Command. A chief advocate in pushing for the Vanduul War. He is portrayed by Gary Oldman in Squadron 42.
"Alexander the Great, Hannibal, Patton. To many in the UEE, Admiral Ernst Bishop has built a career evocative of these great military tacticians. A lifelong soldier, Bishop quickly distinguished himself as leader and strategist by seeing angles that others don't and taking risks that others won't. Strategy is a shifting puzzle to him. For better or worse, he is capable of disconnecting his empathy to the point where a battleship is simply an asset (with strengths and weaknesses) in the game, not a ship of five hundred souls. This is how he keeps winning. If he had any interest in playing politics, he would have easily been promoted to High Command by now, but he's exactly where he wants to be and exactly where the Empire needs him; patrolling the dangerous front lines of Vanduul space, hunting for a foe that's constantly probing for a weakness, any weakness, to cross that border and fight."
Bishop has at least one daughter, Captain Rachel MacLaren.
- UEE 2nd Fleet
- 65th Battlegroup
- UEES Retribution - Super-dreadnought.
- ↑ Comm-Link:Congress Now - Vega II Recognition Review. Spectrum Dispatch - Comm-Link
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Answer the Call
- ↑ Imdb - Squadron 42
- ↑ Squadron 42: Behind the Scenes - Gillian Anderson from 2016-01-21. Accessed 2016-11-07: Roberts refers about that on Minute 01:40: [Gilian Anderson, who played Rachel MacLaren] will be believable as Gary's [Adm Bishops] daughter (...)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 AremisPost - New Corvo In Ruins. Spectrum Dispatch - Comm-Link
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Empire Report - Victory on the Vanduul Front. Spectrum Dispatch - Comm-Link