Senator Kyle Polo first introduced the 10% across the board cut in military spending, now remembered as the failed Polo Initiative, in the UEE Senate as a bill (AD8-4329). When it became clear that there was considerable resistance in the legislative process, Polo withdrew it from consideration and reintroduced it as an initiative, to be voted on by the general population of UEE Citizens.
Other names attached to the effort are:
- Arthur Warro - known for his role as "architect" of the Polo Initiative. He is the political attache to Senator Polo.
- Witness Jeda Cavendash who asked Polo to draft the legislation.
The Attack on Vega II and the increase in hostilities with the Vanduul doomed the initiative and it was defeated when up elections were held. Polo also lost his seat to Sean Debinavi, a Universalist from Quinton.
- Comm-Link:Congress Now - Senator Polo Unveils Bill. Spectrum Dispatch - Comm-Link
- Comm-Link:Congress Now - AD8-4329 Hearing. Spectrum Dispatch - Comm-Link
- Comm-Link:Showdown - The March To .... Spectrum Dispatch - Comm-Link
- Comm-Link:Showdown - Vote Coverager. Spectrum Dispatch - Comm-Link
- Comm-Link:Empire Report - Election Night Coverage. Spectrum Dispatch - Comm-Link