|The Next Great Starship|
|Date||2014-01-31 – 2014-06-08|
The idea originated from Crytek suggesting to CIG in May 2013 that they would like to do a competition for modders and partner with CIG. Chris Roberts suggested to open this up to a broader audience and engage the community as a whole and let them in on the process. He wanted to give artists, modelers, texturers and CryEngine specialists a platform to showcase their work and also put a starship into the world of Star Citizen. Sandi Gardiner started working on the idea right after Gamescom in August 2013.
|4th – 16th||
|Specialty (MVP in final three teams)||
The contest os open to all backers age 17 and older. Each team can consist of one to three people. The finalist 16 teams were selected from the 270 teams that registered into the contest by submitting their ship weapon model by December 31, 2013.
- Several contestants ended up bring hired by CIG.
- The Next Great Starship. Retrieved 2021-04-15
- David Ladyman, "The Next Great Starship". Jump Point. Vol. 02 no. 02. pp.66–69. Retrieved 2014-02-28.
- The Next Great Starship Episode 1. Citizens - Comm-Link. Retrieved 2021-04-15
- The Next Great Starship Finale. Citizens - Comm-Link. Retrieved 2021-04-15
- The Next Greatship Registration. Citizens - Comm-Link. Retrieved 2021-04-15
- Star Citizen Live: Flight, Light & Insight, Youtube, 10 Feb 2023