Since Alpha 3.15.1
Aegis Dynamics (AEGS)
3 – 4
2 SCU2,000 KµSCU <br />2,000,000 µSCU <br />
2,000 KµSCU2 SCU <br />2,000,000 µSCU <br />
$ 330.00€ 333.30 <br />£ 280.50 <br /> ($ 250.00€ 252.50 <br />£ 212.50 <br />)
$ 300.00€ 303.00 <br />£ 255.00 <br />
51 m0.051 km <br />5,100 cm <br />
25 m0.025 km <br />2,500 cm <br />
14 m0.014 km <br />1,400 cm <br />
444,270 kg444.27 t <br />
140 m/s504 km/h <br />
0 to scm
Scm to 0
960 m/s3,456 km/h <br />
0 to max
Max to 0
660,000 L660 SCU <br />
0 L/s0 SCU/s <br />
5,700 L5.7 SCU <br />
- 50 %
- 100 %
The Aegis Redeemer is a gunship that is dotted with turrets and missiles. Equipped with strong shielding and a plethora of weapon systems, this ship can engage a wide range of enemies in patrol, front-line or escort roles.
Dual manned turrets, located on the top and bottom of the vessel, as well as a pair of remote turrets at the nose and tail are strategically positioned to deliver swift and precise offensive power. A pair of guns under the wings as well as missile racks give the pilot weaponry when needed.
This unique thruster design enables an unprecedented amount of mass manipulation by positioning the twin nacelles at optimal locations away from the ship’s center of gravity. This encompasses the benefit of increasing the overall stability of the vessel as well as expanding the combat maneuvers available to the pilot. The nacelle-based system utilizes the exposed surface area to draw heat away from vital system parts and directly into the environment, thus minimizing possible wear and increasing overall engine performance. Couple these advances with the Redeemer’s hands-on throttle and innovative flight controls, and the result is a gunship that feels and flies like nothing else.
To assist in the ships maneuverability, the armor is lighter than expected. Because of this, an array of shields were added to help close this deficit.
An intuitive layout allows the pilot complete command over the Redeemer and its sophisticated suite of combat capabilities.
Features a 2,000K µSCU internal storage plus four 1,000K µSCU storage lockers on the bottom floor. Additionally, dedicated gun racks can be found on the upper floor
Utilizing efficient space management, the habitation area aboard the Redeemer is practical while still allowing for off duty hours to be more rewarding.
|Lower deck||Upper deck|
|Image||Paint Name||Description||Price (aUEC)||Price ($)|
|"Fortuna"||Metallic dark green in colour with dark grey accents. Limited sale. Only available during the annual Stella Fortuna event. ||[not available]||13.00|
|"Polar"||White colour with grey camo pattern and dark grey accents.||[not available]||13.00 |
|"Scrubland"||Green colour camo pattern with dark grey accents.||[not available]||13.00 |
|"Seraphim"||White colour with dark grey accents.||[not available]||9.00 |
|"Underworld"||Dark grey colour with yellow accents.||[not available]||9.00 |
|"Valencia"||Metallic orange and dark grey in colour.||[not available]||13.00 |
Pledge price history
|Date||Pledge cost (USD)||Insurance||Availability||Sale|
|2020-05-26||250||120 months||Time-limited||Invictus 2950 |
- The Next Great Starship: The Redeemer was designed by a group of Star Citizen's backers called Four Horsemen (Paul Dalessi, Tobias Frank, and David Simon). It was chosen as the first-place winner of The Next Great Starship competition.
- The Doldrums: Even though it was the winner of TNGS competition, its final design didn't sit well with the developers. So it laid dormant in development. It was one of the few hangar ready vehicles that didn't become flight ready for years, as it was not required by the Persistent Universe and Squadron 42 in 2018. Apart from that, it had multiple design issues that would require significant rework.
- Change of Roles: The original role of the Redeemer was to be both a gunship as well as a boarding/dropship. During the development of Squadron 42, it was decided to create the Vanguard Hoplite instead of using the Redeemer as the games dropship, mainly due to the Vanguard's ability to fit inside the Javelin's hangar. This left the role of the Redeemer in limbo for many years. It was finally decided that its role should solely be a gunship and so development finally proceeded on this basis. In Fleet Week 2020, the reworked Redeemer made a debut with a holo model in game. In Fleet Week 2021, its physicalized, albeit incomplete, model was on the showroom floor.
- St Patricks Day 2023. Transmission - Comm-Link. Retrieved 2023-03-24
- Redeemer Polar Paint. Pledge Store. Retrieved 12/12/2021
- Redeemer Scrubland Paint. Pledge Store. Retrieved 2022-05-23
- Redeemer Seraphim Paint. Pledge Store. Retrieved 12/12/2021
- Redeemer Underworld Paint. Pledge Store. Retrieved 12/12/2021
- Redeemer Valencia Paint. Pledge Store. Retrieved 2022-05-23
- Invictus 2950 Sale. Transmission - Comm-Link
- Jump Point. Vol. 8 no. 4. pp.25–28. Retrieved 2020-04-25. "Whitley's Guide: Esperia Prowler".
- WIP: The Redeemer TNGS Winner. Engineering - Comm-Link
- Four Horsemen Wins!!. Transmission - Comm-Link
- Star Citizen: Calling All Devs - Of Golf Balls and Tessa
- Star Citizen Alpha 3.15.1 patch notes. Comm-Link. Retrieved 2021-11-24