Chris Smith is the Lead Vehicle Artist at CIG Los Angeles. He joined CIG in January 2013 as a 3D artist to set the quality standard for the weapons and vehicles in the game. He worked on multiple ships in the game, including the 300 series (both initial concept and rework), F7A Hornet Mk II, the Constellation rework, etc.
- He is a part of the "New Nine", the group of Star Citizen team members hired in January 2013, when the "Federal requirements" are that 20% of the staff be named Chris.
- He started doing art for the games industry after he graduated from the  . The first company he worked at was .
- He has worked on  , , and .
- He is excited about Star Citizen and Squadron 42 because of their motion picture quality graphics and an open world with endless possibilities.
- His first experience with computer games was in the ’80s when his stepdad bought an  computer for the house. He played almost non-stop, a lot of the Summer and Winter Games, , and .
- David Ladyman and Ben Lesnick, One Question (part 2), Jump Point, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 40, 2018-04-27.
- Meet Chris Smith
- Inside Cloud Imperium Games - The 300i Pipeline
- Around the Verse 3.3 ( transcript by Relay)
- Comm-Link - WIP: Constellation & Freelancer Upgrades
- David Ladyman,Work in Progress: 300 series, vol. 1, no. 7, pp. 3.