|Civilian Defense Force|
|Headquarters||Stalford, Rytif, Bremen system|
|Current Leader||Bryce Balewa|
|Founder||Bryce Balewa, Amanda Xiang|
|Founded in||January 2947|
Civilian Defense Force (CDF) is a civilian volunteer militia called upon by the United Empire of Earth (UEE) military and Advocacy to provide support during times of crisis. It was founded in 2947-01 as an emergency combat unit to bolster militias and security forces under Militia Mobilization Initiative. It is currently led by the Director Bryce Balewa and headquartered in Stalford, Rytif, Bremen system.
"A system’s best defense will always come from its residents."
Bryce Balewa. Agent in Charge
The concept of a Civilian Defense Force was born in 2944 in a speech by Bryce Balewa at the Civilian Security Summit. Based on his disastrous personal experience when he was assigned as Special Agent-in-Charge to the Ferron system, Balewa argued for an organization that could easily coordinate the efforts and resources of militias and law enforcement organizations. After the speech he was approached by Amanda Xiang, then employed as a security consultant on the Militia Mobilization Initiative legislation, and together they drafted a proposal for the creation of the CDF to be added to the MMI legislation. This proposal was approved by the Senate Defense Committee and the Civilian Defense Force was thus born in January 2947.
|3||Veteran First Responder||TrueDef-Pro Core CDF|
|2||First Responder||Lamont "Umbra" undersuit|
|1||First Responder Trainee||Odyssey II Slate helmet|
All of the rewards are awarded post-emergency.
- OP.NET: Civilian Defense Force. Spectrum Dispatch - Comm-Link
- Jump Point. Vol. 9 no. 1. pp.35–37. Retrieved 2021-02-05. "Portfolio: Civilian Defense Force".
- Portfolio: Civilian Defense Force. Spectrum Dispatch - Comm-Link
- Delphi mobiGlas text. Alpha 3.14.0 - Star Citizen. Retrieved 2021-07-12
- CDF Tribute display on day 10 of the Intergalactic Aerospace Expo 2952. Star Citizen Alpha 3.17.4 - Star Citizen. Retrieved 2022-11-29
- Assault on Stanton. Transmission - Comm-Link. Retrieved 2021-02-05