Planets are astronomical bodies within Star Citizen that are the birthplaces of all known civilizations, provide most materials needed for survival, and are centres of research, culture, and development. Each planet is unique, from the massively terraformed ArcCorp to the aquatic haven of Cassel.
Travel and exploration on a planet can be done by most ships which are capable of landing on the surface or of atmospheric flight. Some ships, such as those with more aerodynamic surfaces (Hornet), will be more agile and efficient in atmospheric flight than others with fewer wings and control surfaces (Herald)
- Terra : Cultural capital of the UEE and his counterpart: Earth
- Synthworld: Entirely artificial constructed planet, in progress
- Tomb: Vanduul-patrolled planet covered in wrecks and salvage
- Min: A so called rogue planet and center of the Min System
- Virtus I slowly evaporates near the expanding red giant star
- QuarterDeck: UEE's prison planet
- A lot of single biom ocean planets, i.e. Ergo, Carteyna, Green and Tangaroa
- Jalan: Homeworld of the Tevarin
- Hades IV: The 'half planet'
- Armitage, Crion, Virgil I: Once settled by humans, now a pasture ground of the Vanduul
- Oso: Fair Chance Act- protected planet and home of the Osoians
- Cole, Ashana, Gonn, Uriel: Planets settled by Outlaws and pirate packs
- Mya: Home of the 'Outsiders'.