Since Alpha 2.6.0
|Manufacturer||Drake Interplanetary (DRAK)|
|Hangar size||Small (S2)|
|Combat speed||174 m/s|
|Max speed||1,361 m/s|
The Drake Herald is a small, armored ship designed to safely get information from Point A to Point B. Featuring a powerful central engine (for high-speed transit and generating the power needed for effective data encryption/containment), advanced encryption software and an armored computer core, the Herald is unique among personal spacecraft in that it is designed to be easily 'cleaned' when in danger of capture. Notably, data running and hacking are not yet implemented, so the ship does not yet have all intended functionality.
"Utilizing a combination of powerful dual main thrusters mounted on it's sleek frame and the industry gold-standard tarsus leaper jump drive, the Herald is built to move your data faster than ever before, and equally important, more reliably... If that weren't enough, the Herald is constructed with advanced electronic security at its core. From its secure release external data storage pods, advanced rated E.M.P. shielding, and backup power systems, you can be sure that we at FTL Courier Service value protecting your data as much as you do."
FTL Courier Service: Introducing the Drake Herald - 2946 Brochure
Star Citizen is currently in development, and as such not all features are complete. The Herald is currently intended to have the following features added at some point in the future.
- Armored Computer Core: The computer core will run on a dedicated server that can only be accessed from the secure control terminal inside the ship. This will eliminate the threat of remote hacking.
- Broadcast Array: The SATA-M6A1 high power broadcast array will allow long range data transmission for both communication and emergency purposes.
- Data Storage Pods: All data placed inside the upcoming data storage pod will undergo a proprietary encryption algorithm. With quick loading access ports, the data storage pods will be detached from the ship for delivery or emergency.
- EMP Protection: The Herald will be equipped with advanced rated EMP shielding and backup power systems to avoid total power loss in an EMP blast.
|Image||Paint Name||Description||Price (aUEC)||Price ($)|
|"Polar"||White in colour with grey and light grey accents.||[not available]||7.00 |
|"Stormbringer"||Blue in colour with dark grey and white accents.||[not available]||4.50 |
In-game availability & pricing
|New Deal, Lorville||Astro Armada, Area18|
Prices given are per-day. Prices for all rental periods can be found at Ship renting.
- The Herald was the 35,000,000 Dollar Stretch Goal of Star Citizen's Crowfunding campaign. The goal was reached on 2013-12-22. The Herald is designed by Josh Coons and was featured in "Ship Shape" of Around the Verse Episode 2.29 and Episode 3.7.
- Blue and Red "Variant": CIG showed a blue and red colored variant of the ship in the Pre-Sale Livestream 2016. According to Jared Huckaby, these skins were only made for presentation.
- ↑ Drake Herald - Ship Page. Pledge Store
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Drake Herald Brochure
- ↑ Herald brochure. Retrieved 26/12/2021
- ↑ Herald Polar Paint. Pledge Store. Retrieved 26/12/2021
- ↑ Herald Stormbringer Paint. Pledge Store. Retrieved 26/12/2021
- ↑ Around The Verse 2.29. Transmission - Comm-Link
- ↑ Around The Verse 3.7. Transmission - Comm-Link