Since Alpha 0.8
|Manufacturer||Anvil Aerospace (ANVL)|
|Hangar size||Small (S2)|
|Combat speed||192 m/s|
|Max speed||1,229 m/s|
The Anvil Aerospace F7C Hornet is the civilian version of the classic F7A Hornet, the carrier-based medium fighter utilized by UEE Navy. It is a multi-purpose fighter and is heavily redesigned to fit non-military components. The F7A's iconic center turret has been taken out and replaced by a |cargo hold with a capacity of 2SCU.
- Weapons: While the F7C is a civilian variant of the F7A, it can still pack a punch with its three Size 3 gun hard-points and two missiles racks that hold a pair of Size 1 and Size 2 missiles each.
- Cargo: This variant replaces the central turret with a Stor-All 'Big Box' (model H) that can carry 2 SCUs of cargo.
- Modularity: Even though the F7C comes with a cargo hold as standard, this can be swapped out for other options like the Broad & Rabiee C4-160F gun turret for example.
The F7C Hornet is the first civilian ship produced by Anvil Aerospace. Due to the UEE military secrecy laws, that 60% of the military hardware in a given spacecraft cannot be offered to the civilians, Anvil has to replacing existing systems without being given access to their military equivalents. In some cases, designers must reconstruct subsystems based solely on publicly available holographs. Civilianizing top-of-the-line military spacecraft is a frustrating process, but one that has proved ultimately valuable for Anvil: company profits rose 34% after the first civilian model F7C Hornet was made available.
|F7C Hornet "Wildfire"||Part of the Masters of Flight series, with a custom livery, the Wildfire pays tribute to famed pilot Aria Reilly for her distinguished service with the legendary Squadron 42.|
Series civilian variants
|F7C-M Super Hornet||This variant is the closest to the F7A Hornet military load-out that is legally possible for a civilian model.|
|F7C-R Hornet Tracker||The F7C-R is variant that is designed for scouting, but can also be use for command and control.|
|F7C-S Hornet Ghost||The stealth variant designed to have a low profile.|
The following paints (skins) can be used on all variants of the F7 Hornet civilian series.
|Image||Paint Name||Description||Price (aUEC)||Price ($)|
|"Frostbite"||White in colour with and grey/black camo.||[Not available]||7.00 |
|"Invictus Blue & Gold"||Blue base colour with gold highlights and Invictus logo decals. Limited availability. Only sold during the annual Invictus event.||[Not available]||7.00|
|"Timberline"||Olive green colour with with orange accents.||[Not available]||4.50 |
Series military variants
(None of the military variants are available to backers for purchase.)
|F7A Hornet||The original Hornet that all other variants are based off. It has been the primary military fighter of the UEE Navy for hundreds of years.|
|F7A Hornet Mk II||It is the latest version of the classic F7A Hornet.|
|F7A-R Hornet Tracker||The F7A-R Hornet Tracker is the military version of the Hornet tracker.|
In-game availability & pricing
|New Deal, Lorville||Astro Armada, Area18|
Prices given are per-day. Prices for all rental periods can be found at Ship renting.
- ↑ The Hornet F7C - Ship page. Pledge Store
- ↑ Anvil Aerospace. Spectrum Dispatch - Comm-Link
- ↑ The Hornet F7C Wildfire - Ship page. Pledge Store
- ↑ Hornet Frostbite Paint. Pledge Store. Retrieved 2022-04-21
- ↑ Hornet Timberline Paint. Pledge Store. Retrieved 2022-04-21
- ↑ Around the Verse 3.3. Transmission - Comm-Link
- ↑ Galactic guide: WillsOp Systems. Transmission - Comm-Link