Since Alpha 3.12.0
|Hangar size||Snub (S1)|
|Combat speed||208 m/s|
|Max speed||1,236 m/s|
The Esperia Talon is a small and light single-seat fighter designed for escort services and targeted strikes. Built in the Tevarin style, the Talon has powerful, directional "Phalanx" shields for maximum maneuverability, but weak physical armor once the shields are dropped. A pair of Size 4 weapons and a size 3 missile rack complement the Talon's "strike first and strike hard" combat style.
- Shielding: The Talon is famous for it unique "Phalanx" shields which offers powerful protection from a focused direction, making it ideal for devastating hit-and-run attacks typical of the Tevarin offensive strategy.
- Cockpit: Even though the cockpit has been significantly modified for Human use, it is still quite different in may ways compared to other craft. From its unique single-stick control scheme to its Tevarin airshielding, to the fact that the entire cockpit is also a detachable escape pod.
- Stealth: The alloy that makes up much of the Talon’s hull is a fully synthetic material, reverse-engineered in-house to replicate the uncommon stealth qualities of the mysterious metal on which it is based.
- Speed: The vehicle offers blinding speeds that facilitate dive-assault tactics. This offensive approach are achieved via super-charged thrusters and a traditionally aerodynamic frame.
- Weapons: For a light fighter, it can hold powerful weaponry normally associated with larger craft with its pair of Size 4 gun hard-points. It also has a pair racks which can hold two Size 2 missiles each.
It is the modernized version of the Tevarin escort fighter for the Prowler-A in the First Tevarin War.
|Talon Shrike||It has an internal missile bay carrying 24x Size 3 missiles but downgrades its Size 3 guns for S1 weapons. |
The following paints (skins) can be used on all variants of the Talon series.
|Image||Paint Name||Description||Price (aUEC)||Price ($)|
|"Cobalt"||Electric blue colour with dark grey accents and blue tinted transparent wings.||[not available]||4.50 |
|"Crimson"||Orange red colour with dark grey accents and orange tinted transparent wings.||[not available]||4.50 |
|"Harmony"||Iridescent red to blue scheme with triangle shapes pattern, dark grey accents and green tinted transparent wings. Limited sale. Only available during the annual Alien Week event ||[not available]||7.00|
|"Ocellus"||Green and red colour with grey stripe pattern/accents and green tinted transparent wings. Limited sale. Only available during the annual Alien Week event ||[not available]||7.00|
In-game availability & pricing
|New Deal, Lorville||Astro Armada, Area18|
The Talon was originally announced in CitizenCon 2019 under the provisional name Vehicle 3. It was confirmed through an official leak on the RSI website.
- ↑ Talon - ship page. Pledge Store. Retrieved 2021-12-01
- ↑ Talon - presentation page. Transmission - Comm-Link
- ↑ Talon - brochure
- ↑ Talon Cobalt Paint. Pledge Store. Retrieved 2022-04-13
- ↑ Talon Crimson Paint. Pledge Store. Retrieved 2022-04-13
- ↑ Alien Week 2022. Transmission - Comm-Link. Retrieved 2022-09-17
- ↑ 2951 Alien Week. Transmission - Comm-Link. Retrieved 2022-04-13
- ↑ Youtube: CitizenCon 2949 - Ship Talk, acc. 2020-07-28
- ↑ Esperia Talon. You heard it here prob not first. on Reddit