|Manufacturer||Anvil Aerospace (ANVL)|
|Loaner vehicle||C8 Pisces, Ursa|
|Crew||4 – 6|
|Combat speed||208 m/s|
|Max speed||1,236 m/s|
The Anvil Carrack is a multi-crew explorer that has more than earned its long-standing status as the go-to pathfinder for both military and civilian services. The Carrack comes with two additional craft - Anvil's own specially designed Pisces snub, and an RSI Ursa Rover. It is built as a single, self-sustaining ship that can make long-duration voyages through the roughest areas of space. It's designed specifically for transiting jump points, dealing with extreme conditions in space and getting back home.
Since its time in the UEE Navy, it has been the vanguard of every UEE exploration effort in recent years. Combined with the high-tensile hull armor, the Carrack is one of the safest exploration ships in the galaxy. The Carrack is now declassified and it is available for civilian use.
- Self-sufficient exploration: On-board accommodations allow for truly self-sufficient flight, including crew medical and repair facilities, and a mapping-oriented sensor suite capable of always charting a route on the go.
- Extended range: The ship features reinforced fuel tanks for long-duration flight, a highly advanced Tarsus Tunneler jump drive array and a dedicated computer core room that allows it to put the maximum processing power into jump charting operations.
- Scout crafts: The Carrack houses a Pisces-class scout ship that is able to launch from it's hangar, an Ursa rover, and unmanned explorer drone pods.
- Canopy protection: The Carrack features a beautiful single-pane multi-story cockpit window that offers an unprecedented view alongside a titanium-reinforced blast cover capable of sealing off the ship quickly when danger strikes. When in blast mode, the Carrack relies on its extensive onboard sensors for flight.
- Bridge: The Carrack's bridge is divided into two levels which features extensive scanning, mapping, charting sensor suites, multiple crew stations and a large unobstructed canopy. The lower level include 3 handing control seats, the center being the pilot seat. The upper level includes 2 crew stations and a commander station which has the ability to pilot the ship. The starboard control station is also able to control the remote turret that is located on the top of the ship.
- Modules: The Carrack is capable of carrying 3 swappable modules under its belly. These modules are designed to allow the Carrack to adapt to a more specific job. The default modules on the Carrack are cargo modules, capable of carrying 456 total SCU of cargo.
|Become a trailblazing beacon in the darkest reaches of space with this limited-edition livery that celebrates the fearless crews piloting Carracks bravely into the unknown.|
|Image||Paint Name||Description||Price (aUEC)||Price ($)|
|"Best in Show 2950"||White colour with dark grey, gold and red accents and yellow tinted windows. Limited edition. Reward only to Carrack owners during the IAE2950 event.||[not available]||(Reward)|
|"Polar"||White and dark grey colour with grey and red accents and grey tinted windows.||[not available]||19.00 |
|"Red Alert"||Metallic red and grey in colour with red and grey accents. Limited edition. Reward only to Carrack owners during the IAE2952 event.||[not available]||(Reward)|
|"Stormbringer"||Dark grey in colour with blue and white accents.||[not available]||14.00 |
In-game availability & pricing
|New Deal, Lorville||Astro Armada, Area18|
Prices given are per-day. Prices for all rental periods can be found at Ship renting.
- On 2013-11-23, CIG conducted a poll with the community to decide the role of the ship that was coming next. On 2013-11-25, the exploration role won the poll, and the Carrack was announced. On 2013-11-26, the Carrack officially became promised feature of the $33 million crowdfunding goal.
- The initial concept of the ship was designed by Gurmukh Bhasin and Omar Aweidah (concept artist). It is also the first large Anvil ship that went into development. The concept art of the ship was first revealed on 2014-11-28. On 2017-10-06, the Carrack went in production on white box phrase, but stopped afterwards due to development priorities. On 2018-11-23, the Carrack resumed into production with a 5-person team from Foundry 42 UK. The ship was scaled back to roughly the original size of the concept.
- Carrack is the favourite ship of Jared Huckaby (Disco Lando). He is forced to like the ship as he is "legally bounded by his obligation to the community to like the ship". It is originated from the ship shape segment on 2018-04-12, he asked the community to vote his favorite ship in the comments, his favourite ship officially became the Carrack on 2018-05-03.
- Carrack was released with a minigame.
- The name of the class comes from a three- or four-masted ocean-going sailing ship that was developed in the 14th to 15th centuries in Europe. The origin of the term carraca is unclear, perhaps from Arabic qaraqir "merchant ship", itself of unknown origin (maybe from Latin carricare "to load a car" or Greek καρκαρίς "load of timber") or the Arabic القُرْقُورُ (al-qurqoor) and from thence to the Greek κέρκουρος (kerkouros) meaning approximately "lighter" (barge) literally, "shorn tail", a possible reference to the ship's flat stern).
- Naval Station of La Carraca, is a naval shipyard and a naval base in San Fernando, Spain. It is a naval base for the construction and repair of ships, and the storage and distribution of arms and ammunition. The first military establishment of its kind to be created in Spain under the naval policy of Felipe V, it was developed by Patiño and the Marquis de la Ensenada. Though work on building the shipyard began in 1720, the formal decree issued by Fernando VI on October 3, 1752, accelerated its construction until it was completed in the late 18th century.
- Carrack Comm-Link. Transmission - Comm-Link
- Q&A: MISC Endeavor - Part II. Transmission - Comm-Link
- Into The Unknown A Carrack Her Crew. Transmission - Comm-Link
- The Carrack - Ship page. Pledge Store
- Carrack Expedition pledge page. Pledge Store. Retrieved 30/12/2021
- Carrack Polar Paint. Pledge Store. Retrieved 30/12/2021
- Carrack Stormbringer Paint. Pledge Store. Retrieved 30/12/2021
- Letter from the Chairman: $30 Million!. Transmission - Comm-Link. Retrieved 2020-03-23
- Letter from the Chairman: $31 Million. Transmission - Comm-Link. Retrieved 2020-03-23
- Letter From The Chairman: $33 Million. Transmission - Comm-Link
- Meet the Devs: Gurmukh Bhasin. Transmission - Comm-Link
- Monthly Report: November 2014. Transmission - Comm-Link. Retrieved 2020-03-23
- Anvil Carrack Concept Sale. Transmission - Comm-Link
- Happy Hour Gamedev: Creating a Space Whale on Youtube
- Star Citizen: Anniversary 2948 - Anvil Aerospace on Youtube
- Star Citizen: Around the Verse - A New Origin on Youtube( transcript by Relay)
- Star Citizen: Around the Verse - The Labours of Hercules on Youtube( transcript by Relay)