Since Alpha 0.9.2.1
|Manufacturer||Origin Jumpworks (ORIG)|
|Hangar size||Small (S2)|
Rent (1 day)
|Combat speed||210 m/s|
|Max speed||1,223 m/s|
|Announced||June 21, 2013|
|Concept sale||June 21, 2013|
The Origin 315p is the exploration variant of the 300 series. Featuring a more robust power plant and a custom scanning package, exclusively designed by Chimera Communications.
- Tractor beam: The front nose hard-point replaces the standard gun with a Size 2 tractor beam
- Scanner: The 315p has a custom scanning package, exclusively designed by Chimera Communications.
- Comfort: If you're going to travel the stars, why not do it in style with a modern kitchen, bed and even a toilet.
- FPS Gun rack: Personal defense is an important thing and safe and easy storage of your FPS weapons can help with that.
- Weapons: With two Size 3 gun hard-points and a pair of missile racks that can hold a single Size 2 missiles each, the 315p can defend itself if needed.
- Cargo: The 315p has a drop down cargo hold that is easy to access and can carry up to 12 SCUs of cargo.
In 2899, the 300 series launched a single model: the 300i. The designer of the 300i, Andreas Lang, was insistent that Origin would begin producing variants in the third model year by designing entirely new models to fulfill different specialized tasks. Origin, remembering the expense of the first prototype and the ensuing battle to lower production costs, balked at the idea. For all of the project's rhetoric, later amplified by the series' initial marketing, the company wanted to borrow an important aspect from RSI's Aurora: a modular space frame designed to easily adapt variants. Like the Aurora, the 300 series would adapt the initial version into a host of different factory models built atop the standard design. By all accounts, the decision to develop variants instead of bespoke models soured Lang on the project altogether.
The launch of 315p
In 2930, the Origin 315p was launched in 2930 as a 'pocket explorer,' an unusual attempt to marry the 300i's lines with improved power output and a newly developed scanning package. Despite the odd duck nature of the design, the 315p proved a reliable performer, with much of the success coming because smaller prospecting outfits were happy to have a dedicated spacecraft that could perform just as well, but provide the comfort and style that was often overlooked by other manufacturers.
|300i||Designed for Touring in conform and style.|
|325a||Focused on combat.|
|350r||Focused on Racing.|
The 300 series has a unique paint (skin) customisation, (not available to any other ships) that can only be done through the ship store page. (It should be noted that once you customise your ship, it can't not be undone unless you melt/un-melt the ship.) For a list of the paints available for the 300 series, please click the above link.
The following limited paints are only for the 315p and were only sold during the 'Origin Celebration' event. They are currently not in the game and the full paint scheme is to be confirmed.
|"Black Rose"||"Nightshade"||"White Lightning"|
In-game availability & pricing
|New Deal, Lorville||Astro Armada, Area18|
Prices given are per-day. Prices for all rental periods can be found at Ship renting.
- ↑ 315p - Ship Page. Pledge Store
- ↑ Origin Celebration (2950). Transmission - Comm-Link. Retrieved 2022-04-21