|Hangar size||Snub (S1)|
Rent (1 day)
Rent (3 days)
Rent (7 days)
Rent (30 days)
|Combat speed||125 m/s|
|Max speed||600 m/s|
The Aopoa Nox is a speedy and maneuverable open-canopy racer capable of zipping along planet surfaces or through deep space. Originally designed for the Xi'an, the ship was redesigned for Human pilots and made available for the first time in Human space in 2947.
- All-Terrain Anti-Gravity Drive: The Nox, like the Dragonfly, is equipped with an anti-gravity drive to allow it to hover about 1 meter above the ground. This allows it to skim over any rough terrain, including water. It can skim over ground at 40 meters per second, or up to 100 meters per second with afterburner. Despite this drive, it cannot transition between ground and space but will require a carrier vehicle. The drive also doubles as a landing gear, allowing the ship to hover at all times with emergency power.
- Articulated Back Plate: The expandable back plate offers additional above protection for the pilot when the ship is activated.
- Molded Carbon Composite Plating: The Nox's sleek hull is crafted from lightweight molded carbon composite that provides maximum speed and maneuverability in both atmospheric environments and vacuum.
|The Nox Kue is the limited version of the Nox features a brushed-silver finish and was specifically created to celebrate the inaugural sale of the first Nox for Human riders. Its name derives from the Xi'an word kue" (SRX) for 'thrust'.|
The following paints (skins) can be used on all variants.
|Image||Paint Name||Description||Price (aUEC)||Price ($)|
|"Harmony"||Iridescent red to blue scheme with triangle shapes pattern and dark grey accents. Limited sale. Only available during the Alien Week event. ||[not available]||5.00|
|"Thli"||Silver and black color. (Image from game files. Not yet available to backers)||(tbc)||(tbc)|
In-game availability & pricing
|New Deal, Lorville||Astro Armada, Area18|
|Vantage Rentals, Lorville||Traveller Rentals, Area18||Regal Luxury Rentals, New Babbage|
Prices given are per-day. Prices for all rental periods can be found at Ship renting.
Unlike many other ships, the Nox was produced by multiple studios. The initial 2D concept of the Nox was created in Foundry 42 UK after which it was passed onto CIG Austin to get the ship flight-ready. There the ship was made by Chris Smith (Lead Vehicle Artist) and tech design was done by Partick Salerno (Technical Artist).
The Nox was concepted by the Vehicle Team in the CIG UK studio after the Dragonfly, based on the reimagination of the 30th century equivalent of a sports bike. The Xi'an was chosen to provide an alien spin on the original open-canopy concept. A limited edition called the Nox Kue was available during the original sale presentation. The Nox became flyable in Alpha 3.1 in March 2018, following in the footsteps of the Dragonfly.
The Nox "Kue" variant was added as flight ready in patch 3.1.0.
- Nox is the latin word for night .
- Nox is not pronounceable in Xi'an. It is unknown whether the Xi'an have another name for the vehicle.
- Before the introduction of the Human variant, the Nox already had a notorious reputation in Hyperion Rally.
- If emergency power is depleted, the anti-gravity drive will shut down and the Nox will fall if subject to gravity.
- Ben Lesnick once jokingly said that the plural of Nox is Noxoodles.
- The Nox - Ship Page. Pledge Store
- Nox - Q&A. Engineering - Comm-Link
- Ship Shape: The Nox
- The Nox - Ship Brochure
- Terminal Velocity. Transmission - Comm-Link
- The Nox - Ship Brochure
- Empire Report: Hyperion Rally. Spectrum Dispatch - Comm-Link
- MV Golden Ticket under attack
- B0otyCall: Small Fish. Spectrum Dispatch - Comm-Link
- The Nox Kue - Ship page. Pledge Store
- Nox Kue Store Page. Pledge Store. Retrieved 2022-09-24
- Alien Week 2022. Transmission - Comm-Link. Retrieved 2022-09-16
- Ben Lesnick. "Visual Dictionary: Alien Ships". Jump Point. Vol. 8 no. 11. pp.22. Retrieved 2020-11-28.
- Nox - The Latin Dictionary
- Ben Lesnick tweets about Noxoodles