|Manufacturer||Anvil Aerospace (ANVL)|
|Crew||1 – 1|
Not available for sale
|Combat speed||212 m/s|
|Max speed||1,337 m/s|
|Developed from||F7A Hornet Mk II|
The Anvil F8A Lightning is a heavy fighter employed by the UEE Navy to support space superiority. It was specifically designed to counter heavy Vanduul craft, such as the Glaive and Scythe. It is a more nimble and heavily armed fighter craft than its F7 predecessor, trading off a second turret for more fixed weaponry.
Use of the F8A Lightning is generally restricted to elite UEEN squadrons, though the F8C Lightning civilian variant is beginning to see greater adoption.
Few vehicles employed by the proud men and women who serve in our Empire’s Navy inspire the awe of the legendary F8 Lightning. A force to be reckoned with, the F8 has secured Humanity’s freedom from numerous threats at home and abroad countless times.
- F8C Lightning: The F8C Lightning is the civilian variant of the F8A Lightning.
- Unnamed trainer variant: A military trainer variant with two seats in the cockpit.
- F8C Lightning Executive Edition: The F8C Lightning Executive Edition is an exclusive edition F8C Lightning with a black and gold livery and a premium cockpit detailed with gold. It is only available to concierge members who hold the rank of Praetorian (US$15,000 pledged). Previously, it was only available to Legatus (US$25,000 pledged) concierge members until the introduction of the Praetorian rank and the 600i Executive Edition.
The F8A won the UEE Navy's Next Generation Star Fighter bid, surpassing Aegis' Dogfighter 3000 in the 2nd place and RSI Black Widow in the 3rd place, becoming the latest heavy fighter utilized by the navy.
Invictus Launch Week
During the 2950 Invictus Launch Week, a special edition of the ship was seen accompanying the UEE Navy fleet around the Stanton system. It was flown by the 999th Squadron and featured a red color and navy/squadron logos. Several Lightnings, together with F7A Hornet Mk IIs accompanied a Javelin, and two Idris-M's.
- ANVL Lightning F8A on SCunpacked
- Star Citizen: IAE 2950 - Anvil Aerospace
- Knowledge Base: Concierge Levels and Rewards. Knowledge Base
- Jump Point Issue 5. Transmission - Comm-Link
- Alpha 3.9.1 in-game survey during Invictus Launch Week
- Reverse the Verse 2.16 ( transcript by Relay)
- Gavin Rothery: Star Citizen Hardware and Ship Design
- We STOLE an F8A Air Superiority Fighter by Morphologis on Youtube