Since Alpha 3.16.1
|Manufacturer||Consolidated Outland (CNOU)|
|Hangar size||Snub (S1)|
|Combat speed||125 m/s|
|Max speed||600 m/s|
|Announced||February 3, 2022|
|Concept sale||February 10, 2022|
" That’s HoverQuad country, and it’s begging to be explored."
The HoverQuad is a hoverbike manufactured by Consolidated Outland. Designed as a companion ground vehicle for the Nomad, the HoverQuad's sleek angular frame utilizes four gravlev pads for maximum maneuverability, making it the perfect transport across all kinds of surfaces.
- Internal Storage: It can hold up to 125,000 µSCU of internal storage at the expense of no weapons and shields.
- Handling: Compared to other vehicles of its type, it has a tighter turning radius and at speed is much more nimble.
|Image||Paint Name||Description||Price (aUEC)||Price ($)|
|"Copperhead"||White & dark grey colour with bronze accents.||[not available]||3.00|
|"Lightspeed"||Orange & dark grey colour with yellow accents.||[not available]||3.00|
|"Lovestruck"||Pink & dark grey colour with grey accents. Limited sale||[not available]||5.00|
|"Terminus"||Dark grey colour with red accents.||[not available]||3.00|
In-game availability & pricing
|New Deal, Lorville||Astro Armada, Area18|
Pledge price history
|Date||Pledge cost (USD)||Insurance||Availability|
The idea for this hover vehicle was first shown during CitizenCon 2021 in the Ship Talk panel, where they showed possible concept shapes for different vehicles, including a hover vehicle. Sometime later, it was featured in a sneak peek during Luminalia 2951. It appeared on day 6 in a close-up image of a grip handle without any context. It then reappeared on day 12 as a full-size image, revealing the entire vehicle, but still without any context or name.
The vehicle then suddenly appeared in the public PTU branch of Alpha 3.16.1 on January 21, 2022. It was then only available to ETF players to spawn. Other players could not spawn it. The community expected the vehicle to be implemented when 3.16.1 was published to the LIVE branch later that month, but this was not the case. In an official comm-link "This month in Star Citizen" released sometime later, the vehicle was mentioned to be brought online later in February. The vehicle was officially launched and put on sale on February 10, along with the Coramor event and a set of paints for the Hoverquad.
- ↑ HoverQuad: All Out Adventure. Transmission - Comm-Link. Retrieved 2022/02/12
- ↑ HoverQuad Copperhead Paint. Pledge Store. Retrieved 2022-02-12
- ↑ HoverQuad Lightspeed Paint. Pledge Store. Retrieved 2022-02-12
- ↑ HoverQuad Terminus Paint. Pledge Store. Retrieved 2022-02-12
- ↑ CitizenCon2951: Ship Talk on YouTube
- ↑ Celebrate Luminalia 2951. Transmission - Comm-Link. Retrieved 2021-12-22
- ↑ Reddit: The new hover bike is available in the ptu for evocatis
- ↑ This month in Star Citizen. Transmission - Comm-Link. Retrieved 2022-02-02
- ↑ Valentines Day 2022. Transmission - Comm-Link. Retrieved 2022-02-12