The A2 Hercules Starlifter is a military heavy gunship and bomber manufactured by Crusader Industries. The A2 gunship has been used to devastating effect in airborne assaults, search and rescue operations, and landing initiatives. With more than double the firepower of the M2, and a custom bomb bay capable of delivering a staggering payload, the A2 caters to anyone hauling massive amounts of cargo through potentially unfriendly skies.
|C2 Hercules Starlifter||A civilian heavy transport.|
|M2 Hercules Starlifter||A military transport that supports strategic lift & landing operations.|
The Hercules was introduced in 2018-05-03 in the Around the Verse episode. The ship concept is designed by Michael Oberschneider (Senior Conceptist) in Foundry 42 UK with contributions from Sarah McCulloch (Conceptist), Paul Jones (Art Director), Corentin Billemont (Systems Designer), John Crewe (Lead Technical Designer).
- The term Starlifter was originally referred to Genesis Starlifter, a variant of the Genesis Starliner. According to the 2018-05-04 episode of Reverse the Verse, the Genesis Starlifter has been superseded by the Hercules Starlifter.
- Hercules is the first ship in the Star Citizen universe designed to transport tanks (such as the Nova).
- In the real world, the , the or the fill a similar role.
- A2 Hercules Starlifter - Ship Page. Pledge Store
- Star Citizen: Around the Verse - The Labours of Hercules ( transcript by Relay)
- David Ladyman and Ben Lesnick, Work in Progress: Crusader Hercules Starlifter, Jump Point, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 15-32, 2018-05-31.
- Reverse the Verse - Hercules Starlifter and Anvil Hurricane