The Aopoa Khartu-al ( Xi'an: Kal'tuāl (Proper); literally dire fly export; ) is an export model of the Qhire Khartu, for sale to human civilians as a dedicated scout/explorer. The export model features the same Xi'an maneuvering rig, but control surfaces modified for human use and a more limited armament.
|Qhire Khartu||It is the original military version that the Khartu-al is based on.|
|"Harmony"||Iridescent red to blue scheme with triangle shapes pattern and dark grey accents.||Not Available]||9.00|
|"Ocellus"||Dark grey and metallic green colour with red & dark grey 'painted on effect' accents.||Not Available]||9.00|
|"Polar"||White in colour with grey and dark grey accents.||Not Available]||6.00 |
|"Stormbringer"||Dark grey in colour with grey, blue and while accents.||[Not Available]||9.00 |
The mysterious ship, nicknamed Quark but now known to be a Qhire Khartu, had been found derelict and pilotless by a naval recon squadron. Taken immediately to an undisclosed bunker for further study, unnamed scientists spent years trying to decipher and understand the damaged technology.
The Khartu-al (originally known as "Xi’an Scout") is the first Xi'an ship designed in the game. Its distinctive vertical flight mode has become a major design element as Xi'an culture has developed. The ship was first offered as part of the $23 million stretch goal in 2013, which aimed to create both the "Xi’an Scout" and to expand the game’s focus to alien races. The design is in part a reference to the mysterious "red ship," a vertical spacecraft that appeared in original landing zone mockup in 2012-11-19.
|2013-11-26||First pre-concept sale |
|2014-06-20||Khartu-al concept announcement and release.|
|2014-06-27||First concept sale|
|2018-06-30||Flight ready in Alpha 3.2.0.|
|Original Concept Artist||Elijah McNeal (first round), Eddie Del Rio (second round), Gary Sanchez (third round)|
|Chief Visual Officer||Chris Olivia|
|Lead Vehicle Artist||Chris Smith|
|Art Director||Mark Skelton, Paul Jones|
|Lead Writer||Dave Haddock|
|Max Crew||1 (Pilot)|
- Alien Week - Non-Human Style Ships For Humans. Transmission - Comm-Link. Retrieved 2023-06-19
- Khartu-Al Polar Paint. Pledge Store. Retrieved 2022-04-22
- Khartu-Al Stormbringer Paint. Pledge Store. Retrieved 2022-04-22
- The Khartu Al - Ship page. Transmission - Comm-Link
- Jump Point. Vol. 6 no. 11. pp.27–30. Retrieved 2020-04-26. "Whitley's Guide: Apoa San'tok.yāi".
- $5.4 Million - Spaceport Test Footage!. Transmission - Comm-Link. Retrieved 2020-11-28
- Jump Point. Vol. 8 no. 11. pp.21. Retrieved 2020-11-28. "Visual Dictionary: Alien Ships".
- 2013 Anniversary Sale. Transmission - Comm-Link
- Xi'an Scout Available!. Transmission - Comm-Link. Retrieved 2023-06-15
- Star Citizen Alpha 3.2.0 - Patch notes. Comm-Link. Retrieved 2023-06-15
- David Ladyman, "Work in Progress: Xi'An Scout". Jump Point. Vol. 4 no. 2. pp.3–33. Retrieved 2023-06-15.