Since Alpha 0.8.5
|Hangar size||Medium (S3)|
Quantity-limited sales (only with a Vanduul Swarm reward token)
|Combat speed||181 m/s|
|Max speed||1,229 m/s|
The Esperia Glaive is a symmetrical version of the Scythe reproduced for Human usage. Generally flown by Vanduul with more combat experience, they are better armed and have two huge blades/wings as opposed to one on the standard Scythe.
- Notoriety: While not as well known as the Scythe, the Glaive can easily put the same terror into others before even firing a single shot.
- Trainer: The spacecraft for ideal for aggressor training operations.
- Weapons: The replica has a pair of Size 5 "Wrath" Plasma cannons, a pair of Size 1 "Weak" laser cannons as well as pair of Size 4 missile hard-points (each holding a rack of four Size 2 missiles) installed.
- Blades: The Glaive is probably most notable for its pair of giant retractable blades that is designed to rip its prey apart.
A long-rumored version of the iconic Scythe fighter, the UEEN-designated Glaive has now appeared with more frequency in a variety of systems. Initially attributed to one of the more notorious Vanduul aces, military intelligence has confirmed that there are indeed multiple versions of the symmetrical fighter in a number of clans. Analysts theorize that only the top pilots are given these powerful and resilient spacecraft, indicating that they may even be a recognition of rank within the Vanduul clans.
In order to better prepare its pilots to face this growing threat, the Navy has asked Original Systems to update their Arena Commander Vanduul Swarm training simulation to more closely and accurately reflect the dangers of facing these elite ships. In addition, using scans taken in battle and schematics created from salvaged parts, the Navy has commissioned Esperia to manufacture a line of faithful reproductions for use in live simulated war games. The highly skilled UEEN Aggressor Squadron 323, specializing in mimicking Vanduul tactics, was selected to be outfitted with these Human-made Glaives and have been operating training skirmishes around the clock to make sure the brave pilots defending the UEE are ready when the next marauding clan attacks.
Working in conjunction with Original Systems, Esperia has been granted permission to produce a small run of these Glaive reproductions to make available to the first 1000 elite Arena Commander pilots who successfully completing the all-new Vanduul Swarm survival mode. Anyone who completes the mode will also unlock the design as a flyable ship in-game, for use with Rental Equipment Credits.
"The Esperia brand's partnership with Original Systems allows us to showcase their new, more exciting and more thrilling Arena Commander gameplay alongside the artistry and meticulous attention to detail that our craftsman are known for," said Danna Manley, president and CEO of Esperia. "We are thrilled at the opportunity to bring this unique flying experience from the simpod to your hangar."
Currently, only the version 1 (V1) model is available in-game.
The following images are screenshots of the Squadron 42: 2019 Visual Teaser as well as the Inside Star Citizen episode "Enemy Mine", which showed a work-in-progress second version model. This version will not be made available until Squadron 42 is released.
In-game availability & pricing
|New Deal, Lorville||Astro Armada, Area18|
- The vehicle was originally sold during a flyable promotion sale back in 2015, limited to only 1000 in numbers. The Glaive can now only be pledged by completing Vanduul Swarm in Arena Commander. As a reward, you will receive a token where you be able to purchase the ship on the RSI store during limited availability sales throughout the year.
- ↑ The Esperia Glaive - Ship page. Pledge Store
- ↑ 1,000 Vanduul Glaive Reproductions For The Taking!. Transmission - Comm-Link
- ↑ Inside Star Citizen: Enemy Mine - Spring 2020 on Youtube
- ↑ Vanduul Glaive concept sale. Transmission - Comm-Link. Retrieved 2022-12-22