The Esperia Scythe is a replica of the Vanduul Scythe medium fighter manufactured for Human usage. It is used as an aggressor in United Empire of Earth Navy (UEEN) training units such as the 323rd Aggressor Squadron. An extremely limited number of the ship is available to civilian hobbyists.
Currently, only the version 1 (V1) model is available in-game.
The following images are screenshots of the Squadron 42: 2019 Visual Teaser as well as the Inside Star Citizen episode "Enemy Mine", which showed a work-in-progress second version model. This version will not be made available until Squadron 42 is released.
- The Scythe is first revealed in the Squadron 42 cinematic trailer in Kickstarter campaign in October 2012, making it the first Vanduul ship in Star Citizen.
- It was redesigned in 2014 with physically based rendering technique.
- The Scythe was implemented in game as NPC enemies in Arena Commander, and was later added to the game as a flyable ship as a captured model.
- The Scythe along with the rest of the Vanduul fleet were redesigned in 2019 using the design styles of the updated Kingship interior.
- Name: The Scythe was originally known as the Raider.