The Drake Corsair is a multi-crew explorer that gives up defenses for a focus on versatility and firepower. It has asymmetric convertible wings, and a large cargo hold. Up to four crew can be accommodated in the Corsair's functional quarters, and a full complement of scanning suites along with a pair of quantum fuel tanks provide the means and method of exploring distant, dangerous stars.
- 4x Bunker Storage - 650k uSCU
- 1x Gun Rack - Fits 6 regular guns and 6 small arms
- 2x Big Gun Racks - Fit 1 size 5 weapon each
- 8x Armor Lockers
|Image||Paint Name||Description||Price (aUEC)||Price ($)|
|"Commando"||Army green in colour with dark grey and yellow accents.||[not available]||7.50 |
|"Eternity"||Silver and grey in colour with red accents.||[not available]||7.50 |
|"Ghoulish Green"||Metallic green colour with dark grey accents.||[not available]||11.00|
|"Hinterland"||Pale yellow and dark grey in colour.||[not available]||7.50 |
- The Corsair was first introduced in 2017-12-01 in the vote "YOU Pick the Next Drake Ship". It came last in the vote to be the next Drake ship by backers with 19% of 37696 voters.
- During the 2950 Drake Defensecon, the ship was on display at the Riker Memorial Spaceport in Area18. It was represented by a downscaled holographic display of the model. On May 5, 2021 it was revealed that the Corsair was in production and to be implemented in game with an allocated work schedule of 6 weeks.
- The Corsair became flight ready on 2022-11-18, with the release of Alpha 3.17.4.
- Corsair - Ship Brochure
- Drake Corsair - Sail the Stars Comm-Link. Transmission - Comm-Link
- Corsair Commando Paint. Pledge Store. Retrieved 2022-11-19
- Corsair Eternity Paint. Pledge Store. Retrieved 2022-11-19
- Halloween 2023. Transmission - Comm-Link. Retrieved 2023-10-13
- Corsair Hinterland Paint. Pledge Store. Retrieved 2022-11-19
- YOU Pick the Next Drake Ship. Citizens - Comm-Link
- Alpha 3.9.1 in-game survey during Drake Defensecon
- Roadmap Roundup - May 5th, 2021. Spectrum
- Star Citizen Alpha 3.17.4 patch notes. Comm-Link. Retrieved 2022-11-19