Since Alpha 3.17.4
|Manufacturer||Drake Interplanetary (DRAK)|
|Hangar size||Large (S4)|
|Crew||1 – 4|
|Combat speed||150 m/s|
|Max speed||949 m/s|
The Drake Corsair is a multi-crew explorer that gives up defenses for a focus on versatility and firepower. With asymmetric, convertible wings and a large cargo hold, the Corsair adapts to harsh environments, combat situations, and hot landing zones with equal ease. Up to four crew can be accommodated in the Corsair's functional quarters, and a full complement of scanning suites along with a pair of quantum fuel tanks provide the means and method of exploring distant, dangerous stars.
- Weaponry: It boasts six fixed guns and three turrets along with four missile racks for an impressive array of firepower in an exploration vessel, enough to make even the hardiest pirate think twice. Furthermore, the dorsal and lateral turrets can fully point forward, adding to the already impressive frontal firepower of the ship.
- On-Board Facilities: Top-flight crew quarters and a full complement of state-of-the-art scanning suites combine to provide a powerful exploration platform
- Rear Ramp/Cargo/Vehicle Storage: With enough room for either a ground exploration vehicle or a bounty of cargo, the Corsair's hold is vast and versatile
|Image||Paint Name||Description||Price (aUEC)||Price ($)|
|"Commando"||Army green in colour with dark grey and yellow accents.||[not available]||7.50 |
|"Eternity"||Silver and grey in colour with red accents.||[not available]||7.50 |
|"Hinterland"||Pale yellow and dark grey in colour.||[not available]||7.50 |
In-game availability & pricing
|New Deal, Lorville||Astro Armada, Area18||Crusader Industries Showroom, Orison|
The Corsair was first introduced in 2017-12-01 in the vote "YOU Pick the Next Drake Ship". It came last in the vote to be the next Drake ship by backers with 19% of 37696 voters.
During the 2950 Drake Defensecon, the ship was on display at the Riker Memorial Spaceport in Area18. It was represented by a downscaled holographic display of the model. On May 5, 2021 it was revealed that the Corsair was in production and to be implemented in game with an allocated work schedule of 6 weeks.
The Corsair became flight ready on 2022-11-18, with the release of Alpha 3.17.4.
- ↑ Corsair - Ship Brochure
- ↑ Drake Corsair - Sail the Stars Comm-Link. Transmission - Comm-Link
- ↑ Corsair Commando Paint. Pledge Store. Retrieved 2022-11-19
- ↑ Corsair Eternity Paint. Pledge Store. Retrieved 2022-11-19
- ↑ Corsair Hinterland Paint. Pledge Store. Retrieved 2022-11-19
- ↑ YOU Pick the Next Drake Ship. Citizens - Comm-Link
- ↑ Alpha 3.9.1 in-game survey during Drake Defensecon
- ↑ Roadmap Roundup - May 5th, 2021. Spectrum
- ↑ Star Citizen Alpha 3.17.4 patch notes. Comm-Link. Retrieved 2022-11-19