The M2 Hercules Starlifter (nickname: "Mama Bird") is a military protean vehicle transport that supports strategic lift and landing operations (i.e. Sword of Hope). It is manufactured by Crusader Industries. It is the UEE's premier tactical starlifter. The ship's potent combination of capacity, maneuverability, and durability make it the obvious choice in large-scale transport, and a robust weapons package assures your cargo, and crew, gets to where they're going in one piece.
- Equipment Storage: The M2 has 468,000K μSCU internal storage, nine 3,000K μSCU storage units (6 in engineering, 3 in the armory), as well as dedicated EVA suit lockers and gun racks in the bridge hallway. The center console in the bridge also houses a small compartment capable of holding 2 small firearms or equipment (such as the multi-tool).
- Armory: In addition to the guns racks mentioned above, the M2 has a separate armory with guns racks for pistols, rifles, and even larger weapons (such as the Scourge Railgun). It also includes EVA suit lockers and the three storage units mentioned above in the ceiling of the armory.
|A2 Hercules Starlifter||Focused as a military heavy gunship & bomber.|
|C2 Hercules Starlifter||A civilian heavy transport.|
|New Deal||Lorville||5,225,300 aUEC||3.19.0-LIVE.8478820|
|Crusader Industries Showroom||Orison||5,225,300 aUEC||3.19.0-LIVE.8478820|
The Hercules was introduced in 2018-05-03 in the Around the Verse episode. The ship concept is designed by Michael Oberschneider (Senior Conceptist) in Foundry 42 UK with contributions from Sarah McCulloch (Conceptist), Paul Jones (Art Director), Corentin Billemont (Systems Designer), John Crewe (Lead Technical Designer).
- The term Starlifter was originally referred to Genesis Starlifter, a variant of the Genesis Starliner. According to the 2018-05-04 episode of Reverse the Verse, the Genesis Starlifter has been superseded by the Hercules Starlifter.
- Hercules is the first ship in the Star Citizen universe designed to transport tanks (such as the Nova).
- The first active-duty Starlifter squadron in the United Empire of Earth Navy was the 82nd Squadron. It has been active since at least March 2824.
- In the real world, the Lockheed C-130 Hercules, the Lockheed C-141 Starlifter or the Airbus A400M Atlas fill a similar role.
- ↑ Introducing The Hercules: Crusader's Premier Tactical Starlifter. Transmission - Comm-Link
- ↑ Hercules - Ship Brochure
- ↑ M2 Hercules Starlifter - Ship Page. Pledge Store
- ↑ Star Citizen: Around the Verse - The Labours of Hercules ( transcript by Relay)
- ↑ David Ladyman and Ben Lesnick, Work in Progress: Crusader Hercules Starlifter, Jump Point, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 15-32, 2018-05-31.
- ↑ Reverse the Verse - Hercules Starlifter and Anvil Hurricane