The Aegis Retaliator Bomber is a heavy bomber used by the UEE Military for centuries. Boasting a powerful and versatile rack of torpedoes and an impressive array of anti-fighter turrets, the Retaliator is capable of long-range tactical strikes against installations and Capital-class vessels. It is a key portion of the UEE's power projection, Retaliator squadrons have served with distinction against outlaws, the Vanduul and other enemies of the Empire. The base version of the Retaliator is customizable with additional modules.
- Modularity: The vehicle has the option to swap out two central areas of the ship with various different modular rooms. These can fundamentally alter the function and role of the ship.
- Guns: The ship's 10 guns are on the five manned turrets. The three turrets down the center spine of the ship hold a pair of Size 3 guns each, while the two turrets on top that are left and right of center hold a pair of Size 2 guns each.
|The Retaliator Base is basically an "empty" ship without any modules installed, allowing the pilot to purchase and install modules to customise their design.|
In-universe, the Retaliator was first introduced as a heavy UEE bomber, with the option to swap out various modules to replace functionality coming later. In-game, the modules have been modeled but are waiting on modularity game systems to be implemented.
|Front Module||Rear Module||Name||Description|
|Cargo||Transform your ship into a secure transporter. Each module has lift platforms that lower to the ground for easy loading/off-loading.|
|Dropship||With seating for up to twelve troopers that can be easily lowered to the surface, it also comes with easy access to an array of weapon & ammunition storage units.|
|Living||With these living quarters modules, you can turn your 'Tali' into a home away from home.|
|Torpedo||The original modules of the Retaliators, the forward bay carries four torpedoes while the rear bay adds two more.|
CIG have stated that they hope to have more modules types in the future. These include Bomb Bays, Bounty Hunting, Medical, Salvaging and even recharging stations for the Titan armor.
The following paints (skins) can be used on all variants of the Retaliator.
|Image||Paint Name||Description||Price (aUEC)||Price ($)|
|"Grey"||Dark sea green/grey in colour with dark grey accents.||205,500||7.50 |
|"Invictus Blue & Gold"||Blue/Dark blue colouring with gold accents and Invictus logos. Limited availability. Only on sale during the annual Invictus event. ||[not available]||11.00|
|"Twilight"||Three tone sea green camo pattern with dark grey accents.||206,000||11.00 |
Pledge price history
|Date||Pledge cost (USD)||Insurance||Availability||Sale|
|2020-05-26||275||120 months||Time-limited||Invictus 2950 |
Since its introduction in the 26th century, Aegis Dynamics' Retaliator has had a distinguished, if conflicted, history. Before they started designing the bomber, researchers performed extensive interviews with military pilots to understand what was lacking in the contemporary bombers of the time. This pilot-centric approach drove the design decisions of what became the Retaliator; a heavy ordnance weapons platform capable of handling both fighters and ground targets. Although the Retaliator was almost synonymous with the reign of Messers and began to see decreased usage as the military distanced itself from that era, the ship began a surprising resurgence in the private sector.
The Retaliator was at the center of many controversies during the later Messer years, when the Navy decided to use Cluster Missiles against a political activist group hiding in what is now Haven, sparking debate throughout the UEE. After the Battle of Idris IV, Retaliators became common in recruitment messages for the First Tevarin War. Images like this one were created to help maintain the momentum of that landmark victory, cited by many historians as the turning point in the war.
- ↑ Retaliator Base Store Page. Pledge Store
- ↑ Retaliator Bomber Store Page. Pledge Store
- ↑ Inside Star Citizen: Physician Admission | Summer 2021. Retrieved 2021-08-19
- ↑ Bombs on the retaliator ?. Engineering - Comm-Link
- ↑ Retaliator Modules Available. Transmission - Comm-Link
- ↑ Retaliator Grey Paint. Pledge Store. Retrieved 2022-05-28
- ↑ invictus 2951: May 23–24 (Aegis). Retrieved 2022-05-28
- ↑ Retaliator Twilight Paint. Pledge Store. Retrieved 2022-05-28
- ↑ Invictus 2950 Sale. Transmission - Comm-Link
- ↑ Retaliator Brochure