Since Alpha 3.2.0
|Manufacturer||Anvil Aerospace (ANVL)|
|Hangar size||Small (S2)|
|Crew||1 – 2|
22 m0.022 km <br />2,200 cm <br />
14.5 m0.0145 km <br />1,450 cm <br />
6 m0.006 km <br />600 cm <br />
90,245 kg90.245 t <br />
198 m/s712.8 km/h <br />
0 to SCM
SCM to 0
1,232 m/s4,435.2 km/h <br />
0 to max
Max to 0
The Anvil A4A Hurricane is a fighting spacecraft that packs a deadly punch into a slight fuselage. The spacecraft compensates for its lack of creature comforts with its powerful armament: six ballistic guns capable of blasting their way through nearly anything. Hurricane pilots have yet to find an enemy shield they can't knock down.
- Turret: The vehicle featuring a powerful manned turret in its center, which can carry up to four Size 3 guns. The gunner can support the pilot with accurate fire as well as other multi-crew features like radar and missile locks, leaving the pilot free to focus on maneuvering the ship.
- Weapons: In additional to the manned turret, the ship also has a pair of Size 3 guns beside the cockpit as well as a pair of racks that can hold a pair of Size 2 missiles each.
- Tactics: The Hurricane was designed as a "Zoom and Boom" fighter, unloading its full complement of guns at a target in an attack run before flying away at high speed to reload, recharge, and avoid return fire. It is a close- to mid-range ship, similar to the Gladius. It is designed to work with other fighters and support ships rather than for long-range patrols. In groups, the Hurricane favours using alternative waves of attack runs, with counterattacks facing the full crossfire of multiple Hurricanes.
|Image||Paint Name||Description||Price (aUEC)||Price ($)|
|"Flashfire"||Metallic red and white in colour with dark grey accents.||[not available]||9.00 |
|"Polar"||White in colour with a two tone grey camo pattern and dark grey accents.||[not available]||9.00 |
|"Stormbringer"||Dark grey in colour with electric blue and grey accents.||[not available]||5.00 |
|"Waylay"||Four tone brown/green camo pattern with dark grey accents.||[not available]||9.00 |
In-game availability & pricing
|New Deal, Lorville||Astro Armada, Area18|
Prices given are per-day. Prices for all rental periods can be found at Ship renting.
Pledge price history
|Date||Pledge cost (USD)||Insurance||Availability||Sale|
|2017-02-24||175 (Warbond - 160)||LTI||Time limited||Concept sale |
Originally the Hurricane was an option in the poll for the third starter ship but it lost to the Reliant. The concept was subsequently changed to a heavier fighter that offers dogfighting-focused pilots a ship that relies strongly on firepower at the expense of armor. The Hurricane's concept is designed by Justin Wentz (Conceptist), and Paul Jones (Art Director). It was officically revealed in 2017-02-25 in the Anvil Hurricane concept sale. In 2018-06-30, with the release of Star Citizen Alpha 3.2.0, the ship became Flight Ready.
6 Meters (In Flight)
7.5 Meters (Landed)
|Crew||1-2||Pilot, Manned Turret|
|Engine||1 x Medium||The engine is actually pretty powerful for its size|
8x Flex Thrusters
12 x Fixed Thrusters
|2 main, 8 maneuvering|
|Power Plants||1 x Small||Enough power to fly and little else. This ship will have difficulty running laser weapons.|
1 x S7 Manned Turrets
2 x S4 Fixed Gun
4 x S2 Missiles
|Manned Turret comes with quad link S3 ballistic repeaters. Fixed Gun are pilot weapons, comes with S3 ballistic cannon. Missiles are on two racks.|
|Shield||2 x Small||Front-Back shield emitter. The Hurricane comes with a pretty weak complement of shield options.|
|Armour||Small||Probably the nicest thing you can say about the Hurricane armor is that it does, in fact, exist.|
|Metric & Templates|
|A list of all components, templates and measurements that the concept artist needs to adhere to.|
|Cargo||No cargo requirements|
|Glass Cannon||Point the business end where you want more broken things. More durable than you'd expect for a glass cannon — it can take a hit, but it's not quite nimble enough to do anything about it, so bring a friend or find yourself easily cornered.w member is.|
- ↑ Hurricane Ship Page. Pledge Store
- ↑ Hurricane Flashfire Paint. Pledge Store. Retrieved 2023-05-23
- ↑ Hurricane Polar Paint. Pledge Store. Retrieved 2023-05-23
- ↑ Hurricane Stormbringer Paint. Pledge Store. Retrieved 2023-05-23
- ↑ Hurricane Waylay Paint. Pledge Store. Retrieved 2023-05-23
- ↑ The Anvil Hurricane. Transmission - Comm-Link
- ↑ Hurricane Brochure
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Will Weissbaum, David Ladyman and Ben Lesnick, Portfolio: Casse Aerospace, Jump Point, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 30-33, 2017-03-18.
- ↑ Hurricane Brochure
- ↑ Hurricane Brochure
- ↑ Letter From The Chairman. Transmission - Comm-Link
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ Around the Verse - Hurricane & Character Customization. Transmission - Comm-Link
- ↑ Justin Wentz, David Ladyman and Ben Lesnick, Work in Progress: A4A Hurricane, Jump Point, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 3-29, 2017-03-18.
- ↑ Star Citizen Alpha 3.2 Available!. Transmission - Comm-Link