The A2 Hercules Starlifter is a military heavy gunship and bomber manufactured by Crusader Industries. The A2 gunship has been used to devastating effect in airborne assaults, search and rescue operations, and landing initiatives. With more than double the firepower of the M2, and a custom bomb bay capable of delivering a staggering payload, the A2 caters to anyone hauling massive amounts of cargo through potentially unfriendly skies.
- Equipment Storage: The A2 has 234,000K μSCU internal storage, nine 3,000K μSCU storage units (6 in engineering, 3 in the armory), as well as dedicated EVA suit lockers and gun racks in the bridge hallway. The center console in the bridge also houses a small compartment capable of holding 2 small firearms or equipment (such as the multi-tool).
- Armory: In addition to the guns racks mentioned above, the A2 has a separate armory with guns racks for pistols, rifles, and even larger weapons (such as the Scourge Railgun). It also includes EVA suit lockers and the three storage units mentioned above in the ceiling of the armory.
|C2 Hercules Starlifter||A civilian heavy transport.|
|M2 Hercules Starlifter||A military transport that supports strategic lift & landing operations.|
|Crusader Industries Showroom||Orison||5,525,000 aUEC||3.19.0-LIVE.8478820|
The Hercules was introduced in 2018-05-03 in the Around the Verse episode. The ship concept is designed by Michael Oberschneider (Senior Conceptist) in Foundry 42 UK with contributions from Sarah McCulloch (Conceptist), Paul Jones (Art Director), Corentin Billemont (Systems Designer), John Crewe (Lead Technical Designer).
- The term Starlifter was originally referred to Genesis Starlifter, a variant of the Genesis Starliner. According to the 2018-05-04 episode of Reverse the Verse, the Genesis Starlifter has been superseded by the Hercules Starlifter.
- Hercules is the first ship in the Star Citizen universe designed to transport tanks (such as the Nova).
- In the real world, the Lockheed C-130 Hercules, the Lockheed C-141 Starlifter or the Airbus A400M Atlas fill a similar role.
- ↑ A2 Hercules Starlifter - Ship Page. Pledge Store
- ↑ Star Citizen: Around the Verse - The Labours of Hercules ( transcript by Relay)
- ↑ David Ladyman and Ben Lesnick, Work in Progress: Crusader Hercules Starlifter, Jump Point, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 15-32, 2018-05-31.
- ↑ Reverse the Verse - Hercules Starlifter and Anvil Hurricane